Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anyone give me insight on a slight issue that I have, which I feel should be an easy fix. today I changed my spark plugs on my 05 r6 it has 29k on it;however, every time you fire the bike up it sounds like a Motard lol. It was like that before, so I went ahead and changed the plugs and it still doing it every time I take off its sputtering and feels like its going to give in.. my next move is going to be opening it up again and cleaning out the fuel line, I kinda figured out its fuel related but seeing it has so many miles on it I am just trying to find an easy way to figure out the problem so if anyone can give me insight on what to do or how to pin point the situation I would appreciate it. I know the bike has high miles, it has new plugs as of today it does need service done, along with the valves adjusted, but other than that the bike is fine so again please let me know what should be done to pin point it on something that I can do myself thanks again guys.....:toocool:

~Rick~ [email protected]

·
Registered
271 Posts
At that mileage you should get all the maintenance done and your valves adjusted. Good idea about checking the temps on each cylinder exhaust.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Sounds like you might have a dead cylinder/s...

Check the coil packs for arching or anything that looks wrong...

Check the temp of the header down pipes by spraying each pipe indivisually and monitoring which ones evaporate the water quicker...

And like xTomKx said...valve adjustment would be a good idea, but Im pretty sure your problems arent from valves being too tight...if it is valve related, your symptoms would be a result of a dropped valve or and youd hear that at idle and wouldve mentioned that in the OP...

Good luck and let us know what you find...

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you have an infrared thermometer that is the best way to check the header pipe temps. But the water evaporation trick should work to give you an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts