Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the seat cowl from customerservers and it cost $50 including shipping. It arrived less than 10 days after I had ordered it and I think it looks pretty good. Compared to the $300ish competitors, you get way more than you pay for. I'm happy with the color, the fit (it's not wobbly) and the overall quality. You can tell it's not 100% perfect but I love it.

The only thing I don't like is the slight gap towards the bottom of the seat cowl that you can see in 9608. Also, so they can attach the stuff on the bottom, they had to screw it in to the cowl and you can see where the screws slightly poke through to the surface. You can see the little bump in 9605.

I'd give it a 9/10.

Attachments

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
I got mine a couple days ago from ebay seller sunnymew. Its virtually flawless. Great color match, no imperfections such as screws poking up against the plastic. I'd recommend it to anyone, its also ~50 shipped.

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine a couple days ago from ebay seller sunnymew. Its virtually flawless. Great color match, no imperfections such as screws poking up against the plastic. I'd recommend it to anyone, its also ~50 shipped.
I'm sure there is one main manufacturer that makes all of these seat cowls and then these Ebay people are just resellers. The quality level you get probably comes down to how lucky you are. haha

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Not bad.

·
-Chauncey
408 Posts
not bad at all for the price.

·
Registered
447 Posts
nice. mine has a couple of paint imperfections as well as the whole thing has orange peel. I havent checked the fit yet because my bike is in my buddys garage

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
I'm sure there is one main manufacturer that makes all of these seat cowls and then these Ebay people are just resellers. The quality level you get probably comes down to how lucky you are. haha
:stupic

I figure it is like gambling with $50. :lmao I think I am going to go for it within the next week or so. Even if I have to do some re-working with it I am sure it will still come out less than $250. :enforcer

·
let fly the 6
50 Posts
I high sided a while ago bought a front cowl fron chine 120 shipped and fit great its all made off the same forms so eh whats the prob lol. i hady a buddy spray it since his red was diff that yama red. for some reason that red is always a bitch. but eh go chinese save a few bejamins

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just add some washers between the seat cowl and the plastic fame it's attached to. That will get the back lined up and will keep the screws from poking though the cowl. I did that with my Yamaha cowl to make it line up perfectly.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
I can only find a $300 one for an 05 on that site and it only comes in black and blue. :thumbdown

I ended up buying the $50 ebay one and I am pretty happy with it. Color does not match exactly but even if I put money into matching the paint it will still end up cheaper than the OEM one. :cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
I can only find a $300 one for an 05 on that site and it only comes in black and blue. :thumbdown

I ended up buying the $50 ebay one and I am pretty happy with it. Color does not match exactly but even if I put money into matching the paint it will still end up cheaper than the OEM one. :cheers
Werd!

·
Registered
452 Posts
1 - 20 of 164 Posts