Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an ebay seat cowl after reading a bunch of reviews on here. I went with seller "sunnymew". His/her communication was great, he even sent me pictures of the package before shipping it.

I got the package today (2 weeks later). I'm not happy with it. The cowl was packaged extremely well and wrapped with foam and bubble wrap, but there's still 2 indentations on the plastic as if it was crushed by something heavy. Also, the little maxi pad is dry and starting to rot. The color is not a match to the stock color of the bike. It's close but not 100%.

I emailed the guy and hopefully will get a response soon. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about. In the first one, you can barely make out the indentations, but they're there. And the 2nd one is of the pad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
So I got an ebay seat cowl after reading a bunch of reviews on here.

I'm not happy with it.
What reviews were you reading? The ones I saw (and the one I wrote) were not good.

Sucks though. Guess that's why the oem ones cost so much.

·
~~
337 Posts
I bought mine from the same seller. I can't comment on the color as of I got black and looks the same as the bike. However my pad is in great condition and its seen the rain several times. So since yours is dry rotting I would ask the seller to replace it..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought mine from the same seller. I can't comment on the color as of I got black and looks the same as the bike. However my pad is in great condition and its seen the rain several times. So since yours is dry rotting I would ask the seller to replace it..
He replied back and said he'll take care of the issues. So I'm assuming that I'll be getting a new one. I'm going to try to get black this time.

·
Simple Life
63 Posts
Thats good he is replacing it for you. I have an ebay seat cowl and its pretty darn good for 50-60 bucks. Shoot, thats worth the gamble. So I had to stay home and have dinner instead of taking the lady out. Win!

·
Lone wolf rider
880 Posts
I got my cowl from the same seller too. Good seller btw. I got the white one. Like yours, the color is not 100% match but very close. Fitment isn't perfect either. There was some gaps around the cowl and they were noticeable. However, I did some modifications to it and now it looks flushed. Overall, I am happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my cowl from the same seller too. Good seller btw. I got the white one. Like yours, the color is not 100% match but very close. Fitment isn't perfect either. There was some gaps around the cowl and they were noticeable. However, I did some modifications to it and now it looks flushed. Overall, I am happy with my purchase.
What did you modify?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts