Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of no-cut frame sliders, and found these on good ol' eBay: TSR Sliders.

I've never heard of "Team Skeen Racing" before, but the price seems good. Any idea if they're not worth it?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
i have those exact sliders on my bike, but in extended version(about 1 1/4in longer).Have had no issues with them.Bike fell over once in the garage when the kickstand gave way.The only damgae was on the slider itself.Nothing touch the floor.Not the mirror,fairing,peg, shifter, stator cover, only the slider got scuffed.Im happy with them.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
I dont know if they are race or not, but they are available in the standard version, so youd have to cut the hole.If you ask the seller you want the extended slider with the no cut brackets.He will tell you what the cost is.You then add the difference to the no cut sliders auction.Make sure you specify with payment that your paying extra for the extended sliders.So they dont ship you the shorter version.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard is it to cut the hole? This is my first sport bike, and I've only had it about two months. So I'm still new to a lot of this stuff. All I really know is electrical. But thanks for your help!

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Cutting the hole isn't too difficult.Its locating it in the right spot.You will need a hole saw( or a dremel tool) slightly larger than the slider.Masking tape where the hole will be made, so the paint & plastic won't chip.Only the right side needs the fairing cut though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh cool, I thought they both did. I definitely think the extended ones are worth it. Thanks again for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts