Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have read numerous threads talking good and bad about ebay levers so I gambled the $45 and ordered them. Installed easily and look DAMN nice. Best few bucks I ever spent on the bike aside from Petrol.

Let me know what you think or questions.:toocool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
OP, prepare yourself for negative comments here but i personally have the same lever on all my bikes and i love it!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh... could care less what anyone says negative about them. If they go bad for whatever reason, Ill just put my OEM's back on. No big deal.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
had em for about a year now still going to upgrade to asvs soon...no complaints they are good for the price

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts

·
Lovin the R6!
682 Posts
I have "stock ones" but I bought them off ebay in BLACK

before

after

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I give it 2 weeks before the gold fades into a copper/bronze color.

Also, if you haven't read it already. Check out some of the eBay lever reviews on google and how they lock up your front brake. Could save your life by reading up on it.

·
Theturtle7023
1,102 Posts
I give it 2 weeks before the gold fades into a copper/bronze color.

Also, if you haven't read it already. Check out some of the eBay lever reviews on google and how they lock up your front brake. Could save your life by reading up on it.
I don't see how this could ever happen, its a piece of metal rotating on a rod, so unless it is tightened down too much, its not gonna happen. If you tighten it down too much, that's your problem, not the lever.

Anyways, I have the black shorty levers off ebay and love them. The ability to adjust both the brake and clutch lever position is awesome. Only done 4 trackdays with them but I have zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
I don't see how this could ever happen, its a piece of metal rotating on a rod, so unless it is tightened down too much, its not gonna happen. If you tighten it down too much, that's your problem, not the lever.

Anyways, I have the black shorty levers off ebay and love them. The ability to adjust both the brake and clutch lever position is awesome. Only done 4 trackdays with them but I have zero complaints.
if it doesn't release all the way, the pressure builds and then BOOM, you lock up the front without any notice. happened to a guy here. it's a MINOR mod if it's not working correctly, but be sure to check it before you go out riding balls out.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts

if it doesn't release all the way, the pressure builds and then BOOM, you lock up the front without any notice. happened to a guy here. it's a MINOR mod if it's not working correctly, but be sure to check it before you go out riding balls out.
:werd Also sometimes the little tab that works with the master cylinder isn't the correct length.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298233&page=3

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157548

http://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/front-brake-lock-up-136915/

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-650r-er6/180846-warning-front-brake-lockup-levers.html

Did the search for you.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
had em for about a year now still going to upgrade to asvs soon...no complaints they are good for the price
Why upgrade then? Just want the name brand?

I paid ~$30 for my eBay levers, they work and have held up great. The black adjustment levers did fade fairly quickly, but for the price I have no complaints.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I've been down because of the issue. It's usually someone doesn't have the bushing turned the correct away when installing the levers. To be fair the CBR I went down on, had Pizzazos, so they weren't even cheap levers. It's just something to be aware of and test carefully, no matter which brand of levers you install.

I've been very happy with my eBay specials, mine have seen a lot of use.

·
scared of big tracks
8,493 Posts
DON'T. definitely not worth the $200 or whatever they are. i've had em...
:fact
I will never recommend them to anybody. Save up a few bucks and get a SICK setup......

RCS19...

...along with a Harris clutch perch/Brembo clutch lever

Or save a few bucks by getting just a matching Brembo clutch lever with the RCS19....

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,451 Posts
That Harris clutch perch is hot! I personally have the brembo clutch perch

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
DON'T. definitely not worth the $200 or whatever they are. i've had em, and now i'm back to stock.
really why are they different than other shorty's??

1 - 20 of 74 Posts