Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I have a D2moto intergrated tail i got off ebay and I have had zero issues in the rain.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a D2moto intergrated tail i got off ebay and I have had zero issues in the rain.
same.

no issues in the rain, have had mine for coming up to 1 year now and no issues there either.

I was going to run some silicone sealant around the join to be doubly safe, but never bothered.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Hopefully it stays that way for you, my ebay taillight was good for about a year (Other than half of it not working when I recieved it, but that was just a cold solder joint that was an easy fix). The 2nd season it started taking on water, finally got to where it actually had standing water in it, shorted out some of the leads and board.

I ended up buying a motodynamic taillight and am much happier with that.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
so you dont actually know that it'll definitly last 2 seasons yet?
Nope, but most here will recommend the motodynamic taillight, and it was definitely sealed better than the ebay taillight I got.

The motodynamic one was $60, I think I actually might have paid slightly more for the ebay one after shipping sadly...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just rode home in the rain and it hasn't taken on any water... I'm assuming it's sealed ok. I've already done at least 1000 miles with it without an issue. I average about 10k a season, which is more than most people put on their bikes haha

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
It could be a different brand than what I got, and what apparently a couple others got. When I got mine half of it didn't work, and there where only two drops of glue holding the lens to the back plate, so I popped the lens off fixed a couple solder joints and glued it back together. I didn't glue all the way around it though, since it wasn't glue all that well to begin with, so I figured it must not have been necessary (apparently it was necessary...).

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is good feedback. I just ordered the smoked LED taillight with integrated signals as well as the front smoked flush mount signals. Looking forward to an install day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts