Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
m3lover2
10,519 Posts
Hypothetically speaking....

You're at the track (or twisties) and this sumbitch starts to act up, or gets stuck on you.. and you can't turn...

Is your bike and potentially your life worth the 250 bucks you are going to save ?

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I wouldn't do it , get a quality damper. I run a GPR-V4, works great and easy to use.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, it's going to be a little bit before I can afford a damper which is why I was looking into cheaper alternatives. I had a pretty sketchy tank slap going over a bridge. Decided it was time to do some research.

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, it's going to be a little bit before I can afford a damper which is why I was looking into cheaper alternatives. I had a pretty sketchy tank slap going over a bridge. Decided it was time to do some research.
Look in the parts for sale section, there's usually a few in there.

·
m3lover2
10,519 Posts
Tank slappers are not common, but not unheard of. Usually it's your riding style. Look into that.. maybe you are leaning in the clip ons too much etc. I put over 10k miles on the r6 without a damper and never experienced a tank slapper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Sideways into T9
23 Posts
I tried one of the Hyperpro knock-off for shits n giggles once since I found a screaming deal on a hyperpro mount but didn't have the $$ for the hyperpro damper itself. The knock off had 18 clicks of adjustment on the knob. Clicks 0-15 all provided the exact same amount of damping (only damping was the stiction of the seals) and clicks 16-18 were the only ones that actually made a difference in damping. I bought the proper Hyperpro as soon as I could

·
One Day At A Time
241 Posts
As previously stated by the other experience members, you can not put a dollar amount on your life or well being. This goes for helmet, gear, parts and so forth.
Always research the quality of what you are buying, it's cheaper actually to buy once and cry once.
When I started riding and joined the forum I read a post similar to this one and a member responded by saying that riding is not a welfare sport. Thought the comment was harsh but did have a lot of validity to it. Welcome and remember you are your first priority.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts