Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, its time for a new windscreen, and there's some 30 dollar ones on ebay that look good to me (1/8 inch thick, no irregularities in the pics). Anyone had luck with these knock-offs? any horror stories getting them to fit? I've looked thru the forums and cant find any straight answers. Thanks :toocool:

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
there was a recent thread where someone said they had a knock off and it completely borke as he trying to install a speedo healer or somethin. No personal experience with them though. i wouldnt do it, my opinion

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Spend the extra cash and get a good name brand one...... But I have a Sportech one and my damn bike tipped over the it cracked so who knos; it seemed a bit fragile.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
def go namebrand. i have an ebay one and it rattles...

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
I bought the one your talking about. First was a pain in the ass to install, and second it doesnt set flush with the faring kit. I still put it on though, i'm going to replace it later down the line. Check out my pics of my bike, doesn't look that bad, but like i said, i would have just spend the extra 30 bucks on a nicer one. Hope that helped

Danny

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought the one your talking about. First was a pain in the ass to install, and second it doesnt set flush with the faring kit. I still put it on though, i'm going to replace it later down the line. Check out my pics of my bike, doesn't look that bad, but like i said, i would have just spend the extra 30 bucks on a nicer one. Hope that helped

Danny

+1 I have one on mine for the price it was a good deal but it doesnt fit 100%

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
+2 on that same prob poor fit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts