Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
So i installed my ebc double h sintered brake pads today and am really impressed with the stopping power however the fronts are squeaking relentlessly. He rears are quiet as a church mouse. The opposite of what it was when stock. I put about 200 miles on the bike today and rode conservatively. Ebc break in calls for 250 according to the package i believe but still im close. Got home and took some sandpaper to both sides of both rotors and that helped for 3-5 stops. Pulled the pads and they started to look a little glazed/worn on just the front and back of the pad material so i took som sandpaper to that as well until the pad was uniform again. Again helped for 3-5 stops. Dosent squeak at all on high speed braking only very light (i got pissed and did a few 100mph stops lol i know i know) anyways. Any opinions anyone?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
i would remove the retaining spring.. that rectangular kind of tin thing that puts a little pressure on the top of the pads. no real need for those things. might help.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
525 Posts
You can buy anti squeal and see if that helps. It's a spray that turns sticky. It goes on the back between the pads and the metal sheets and is supposed to stop them from vibrating and causing noise. I didn't find it overly effective, but its an option if you want to try it.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
and sintered pads (semi-metalic) are going to squeal at times under light braking. Call 702-826-2400 and ask for Will or Robert at EBC and see what they suggest.

·
Where Am I?
221 Posts

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to give this a try. Never thought about using something link that.
if you have a green or preferably red scotchbrite pad, give that a try first. then spend the $ on the other thing if still squeaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.