Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m getting to the point where I want to mod my bike, like anyone does and have done quite a bit of research. I want to run a full exhaust system and change out the stock air filter. My question is can an ecu flash do just as good with a custom fuel as let’s say pcv will or vice versa? I’ve heard you can go wrong with an ecu flash from Anthony at Bauce Racing. But would it be necessary to pick up a power commander too? I just don’t want to go into something with out some options or opinions of others in what I should/ what is needed. If needed I have a 2008 R6 and only plan on street riding

·
nova r6
3,219 Posts
Talk to @ChiefSmokeDawg (bauce racing himself), hes tuned enough r6's and most likely has a good map to be able to plug in for whatever mod combo you are looking at. Only benefit of running a power commander on top would be a dual map if racing (he might even be able to do that in the flash) or fine tuning the map (but still need access to a dyno). But just ask him he can answer all your questions.

·
Read Only
16 Posts
So I’m getting to the point where I want to mod my bike, like anyone does and have done quite a bit of research. I want to run a full exhaust system and change out the stock air filter. My question is can an ecu flash do just as good with a custom fuel as let’s say pcv will or vice versa? I’ve heard you can go wrong with an ecu flash from Anthony at Bauce Racing. But would it be necessary to pick up a power commander too? I just don’t want to go into something with out some options or opinions of others in what I should/ what is needed. If needed I have a 2008 R6 and only plan on street riding

1 - 3 of 3 Posts