Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first Track Day last Monday and I'm hooked. I'm getting a new bike soon and thinking about turning my 08 r6 into my track bike.ive heard different things about power commanders and flashing the ecu. I've got an extra ecu sitting on the shelf and was thinking about sending it off to get flashed. Looking for some wisdom.......

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
contact bauce racing and tell them you are there from the r6forum. i'm not sure if it's worth flashing the 08. it can take a new map but I dont know if anything else like fan operating temps, speed limiters, and a slew of other things yamaha built into the flash.
on the newer bikes tons of shit can be adjusted.

·
fulltime
49 Posts
I got my 2013 flashed, at the same time I replaced my sprocket and chain. I went with the -1 in the front for some more acceleration.
-corrected the speedo
-fans can be set to come on sooner , keeping the bike cooler
-less engine braking
-removes stock restrictions

overall bike runs better, but i believe for a true smooth running bike a dyno tune is needed.

·
IDK WTF I'm doing
7 Posts
Is an ECU Flash needed for changing from a shorty gp pipe to something like a graves or yoshi slip-on? I have a shorty pipe on a 08 r6s, with a cat delete. (I honestly don't know if it's a full system or not) And i want to quiet it down a bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Look under the bike. If there is a big ugly metal box below the oil pan you do not have a full system. In short, simply adding a slip-on does not warrant changes to the fuel mixture (ie. ECU flash or power commander).

·
IDK WTF I'm doing
7 Posts
Look under the bike. If there is a big ugly metal box below the oil pan you do not have a full system. In short, simply adding a slip-on does not warrant changes to the fuel mixture (ie. E7CU flash or power commander).
No cat. Tried to add pictures of the system. Just 4 into 2 into 1. Don't see any brand name on the exhaust either. 20190508_065458_1557323991956.jpg 20190508_065458_1557323991956.jpg 20190508_065458_1557323991956.jpg 20190508_065458_1557323991956.jpg 20190508_065458_1557323991956.jpg 20190508_065458_1557323991956.jpg

Attachments

·
IDK WTF I'm doing
7 Posts
No cat. Tried to add pictures of the system. Just 4 into 2 into 1. Don't see any brand name on the exhaust either.

I don't know why it posted the fist picture 6 times i apologize for that, but you can see from these 2 pictures the exhaust tip, where it goes from tip and splits into 2, and in the other picture, the underside of the bike where the cat would typically be. From there it splits to the 4 header pipes and into the motor.

All this in regards to whether or not a ECU flash is necessary when going from shorty gp pipe --> slip on

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I'd look into getting at least a power commander and getting the bike on a dyno and tuned properly. The nice thing about tuning through a power commander vs ECU flash is it's much easier to re-tune the bike should you change things up again in the future. Plus most every dyno shop can tune a power commander. Most can't flash an ECU. It's the other benefits you gain from an ECU flash more so than just a tune.

It's not the fact your changing slip-ons that I am recommending a tune, it's the fact that you seemingly don't have it tuned for a CAT deleted system. If you bought the bike this way I'd make sure it doesn't already have a power commander.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my ECU back from Bauce Racing, Anthony is great to work with and can set you up with a MAP for a slipon, full exhaust, etc. Bike runs so smooth after the flash! So worth the $220 price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts