Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally signed up for Ed Bargy's new racer school at Jennings GP next weekend, anyone else gonna be going?

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I want to do it eventually

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know how it goes. I want to do it eventually
Most definitely dude, I'm worried the R6 won't be ready in time for the class, so I may have to do it on my CBR600RR, but pictures will be had.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I've only heard great things about it.

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You heard right! Ed is old school, but he gets the job done!
What a great guy. I would recommend this school to anybody and everybody. I loved it.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
What a great guy. I would recommend this school to anybody and everybody. I loved it.
Such detail lol. You should make a review thread!

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
Such detail lol. You should make a review thread!
:werd

I would also be interested in a little more info. Is this more of a race license school or a skills school? How about classroom stuff? And track time?

Thanks for any info, I've been thinking about a track school for a while and have considered this one.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts

I would also be interested in a little more info. Is this more of a race license school or a skills school? How about classroom stuff? And track time?

Thanks for any info, I've been thinking about a track school for a while and have considered this one.
I've heard a lot about it. From what I remember you get great classroom sessions and plenty of ride time. I think its geared a lil more for ppl looking to get a race license but idk bout that one. I've been looking at doing the novice school they offer at Jennings

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It's a race license school, but plenty of people who just do trackdays were there too. It starts with Tech at 7am, which is more just signing in at the classroom, then you're on the track at 8am doing a slow speed ride around and walking of the track. It shows you a lot of what to look for.

I've heard a lot about it. From what I remember you get great classroom sessions and plenty of ride time. I think its geared a lil more for ppl looking to get a race license but idk bout that one. I've been looking at doing the novice school they offer at Jennings
For an idea of how much track time you get, you start at 8am and get to the written test at about 5:30 pm. Riding every hour or so after covering a topic or section. Fernando the control rider was an excellent resource and provides some great feedback. Like I said, anyone looking to do a race license or a rider skills school should definitely look into this class, and for the money, it's definitely unbeatable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts