Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following El Chato aka GI Jose at Barber for his first trackday. He was surprisingly fast for his first day and even dragged knee. By this last session he was dragging in a couple of spots around the track and not just stretching out to touch... it was cause he was moving.

Don't pay any mind to my bad lines. Found out my rebound was way off and I desperately need my forks revalved. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also BigBallin makes a cameo appearance for half a lap.

·
Black & Yellow
473 Posts
Following El Chato aka GI Jose at Barber for his first trackday. He was surprisingly fast for his first day and even dragged knee. By this last session he was dragging in a couple of spots around the track and not just stretching out to touch... it was cause he was moving.

Don't pay any mind to my bad lines. Found out my rebound was way off and I desperately need my forks revalved. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also BigBallin makes a cameo appearance for half a lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a699yj0GAjY&feature=youtu.be
Yea, my slow a$$!! I'm working on it... patience!

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
Sweet! I've got to get to Barber, that track looks awesome, especially that long right-hander after the straight (turn 2?).

Nice vide, glad you guys had fun out there.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Nice! One day I'll get down to barber..

·
Parts Pimp
26,456 Posts
:popcorn:

Gonna watch this video and see how ya'll get er did down there! :lmao

Saltman, did you respring and that's why you need new valves so badly? Did you sort it out? What was the indicator that led you to this conclusion?!

And +1 to what others are saying. I wanna ride Barber BAD!!

I'd be so nervous doing my first track day, don't know if I could.
That nervous feeling is quickly wiped away with adrenaline, excitement and sensory overload. Between the smells of race gas, the sounds of the bikes all day, and the fun it is, you will be in motorbike heaven. :fact

Yeah...I've got to get to the track
:fact

Wait till you see the vids I am gonna post from this weekend. My buddy came out with his S1k. When you see this thing BLOW by every bike on the straight like a legit lunar rocket you will be signed up that night! :fact

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
:fact

Wait till you see the vids I am gonna post from this weekend. My buddy came out with his S1k. When you see this thing BLOW by every bike on the straight like a legit lunar rocket you will be signed up that night! :fact
Looking forward to seeing it:cheers

Sent from my LG Spectrum while somewhere aside from a computer :flex:

·
Parts Pimp
26,456 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it:cheers

Sent from my LG Spectrum while somewhere aside from a computer :flex:
BRO, like a ****in ROCKET SHIP! :fact

I get a 5-6 bike head start on him and he WALKS me bro. Trust me, you can't wait to see this! :nocontrol:

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,448 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:popcorn:

Gonna watch this video and see how ya'll get er did down there! :lmao

Saltman, did you respring and that's why you need new valves so badly? Did you sort it out? What was the indicator that led you to this conclusion?!
Kept feeling the front slip on me when getting back on the gas in the corners. Scared the crap out of me and happened a lot so I had to drive my knee into the ground so I wouldn't lowside and I would run wide. when a cr followed me he noticed it too, he told me I shouldn't have to fight my bike like that and something was wrong so go see suspension Guy. he had an r6 and said he had the same issue before but suspension Guy fixed it finally. So suspension dude in turn said my rebound was way off. made a few tweaks but said I probably wouldn't see a difference and he needed to take caps off but would do that after day was over. So I rode like that all day, just tried to be careful and not tuck it. Learned alot about feel tho. So after day was over, when he did that, he said it needed new revalve job and refresh. I was told last year when I bought it that it had brand new gp valve kit. Apparently wasn't as new as I was told. Getting them done as soon as my triple tree stand I ordered comes in. Next track day at road Atlanta in June. I want a bike that can turn!

also, not to mention but I was running late that morning getting new tires mounted and a friend finished tightening my bolts on calipers but forgot to do the ones for front axle. After first session, I was missing one bolt and the other 3 were almost completely backed out!! scary. Do it myself from now on.

And +1 to what others are saying. I wanna ride Barber BAD!!
Doooooooiiiittttttttttt

That nervous feeling is quickly wiped away with adrenaline, excitement and sensory overload. Between the smells of race gas, the sounds of the bikes all day, and the fun it is, you will be in motorbike heaven. :fact

Exactly bro. I'm always nervous before a td. But when you get out there, you don't want it to ever end.

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,730 Posts
Thanks Salt, you're a great coach. I got a lot of work to do. Unfortunately I laid it down in turn two the next day, I just went in to hot in to turn 2, and I tucked it. Oh well not bummed out, it's a track only bike now.

I will try and have the bike ready for road Atlanta in June, that's with STT right?

+1 on needing to ride Barber, we all need to get together and just take the whole fence side of of the lower pit area. LOL like an R6 forum members only deal

·
I am the Architect
678 Posts
Ohh Man... Just watching this video gives me butterflies in the stomach and gets my blood pumping!!!

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Salt, you're a great coach. I got a lot of work to do. Unfortunately I laid it down in turn two the next day, I just went in to hot in to turn 2, and I tucked it. Oh well not bummed out, it's a track only bike now.

I will try and have the bike ready for road Atlanta in June, that's with STT right?

+1 on needing to ride Barber, we all need to get together and just take the whole fence side of of the lower pit area. LOL like an R6 forum members only deal
Nesba again.

Thanks bro. Welcome to the addiction. And that would be awesome if we had all R6's pitted together!

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice vid.....he must have been excited. He took off like a bat out of hell lol
:lmao exactly. I had to tell him afterwards about giving the tires time to warm up. He took off dragging from the word GO :eek5

·
My R6 doesn't eats me
50 Posts
Just did my 2nd/3rd track days out there at Barber for the first time and I gotta say that place is awesome! The tracks like a rollercoaster with all the elevation changes and blind corners. I was in B group too and they had some fast guys out there compared to me. Its worth the trip just to go see the vintage museum. Definitely gonna be going back any chance I get, and hopefully get a knee down like you guys! CR's were really helpful and I finally got my suspension setup which made the corners feel much more comfortable. Only good pic I took of the bike, which I finally got ready just for that weekend.

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just did my 2nd/3rd track days out there at Barber for the first time and I gotta say that place is awesome! The tracks like a rollercoaster with all the elevation changes and blind corners. I was in B group too and they had some fast guys out there compared to me. Its worth the trip just to go see the vintage museum. Definitely gonna be going back any chance I get, and hopefully get a knee down like you guys! CR's were really helpful and I finally got my suspension setup which made the corners feel much more comfortable. Only good pic I took of the bike, which I finally got ready just for that weekend.
awww man. Wish I knew you were on the forum too. I'll have to go through my vids to see if I saw you. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts