Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Cool post. Pretty sure I saw something about that car on "Mad Electricity" on the history channel the other night, but either way the closer we get to using renewable resources the closer we are to saving the earth? (maybe?).

·
Focus
728 Posts
Yea yea yea.... doubt if anyone is just going to let you charge up where you please. Think about your monthly electricity bill. That shit isn't free either.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
i don't get why they didn't slap some solar panels on that biotch, let it recharge while it's parked in the sun, plus longer mileage

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
^^ B/c solar panels are ugly. What if the formed the body out of solar panels? Kind of a carbon fiber look?
The dyno sheet on that thing is super weird. It starts at 100% torque.

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Nice to see that it's finally entering "fullscale" production! $109K though... needs to be a little more affordable.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
yeah, if i can get a freaking voltage amplifier and afford the batteries i'm sure i could build one for about 20k, electronics is pretty simple, but when your dealing with lithium ion things get tricky.

·
Registered
330 Posts
About 4 years ago, Telsa was saying they were within 5 years of mass producing a 5 passenger car that would cost between 30k-40k. Still a long way off...

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
yeah i been watching that company for just as long, ther're california based so nothing affordable will ever come from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts