Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having trouble dignoseing a problem with a bike i just bought i have no neutral light unless my killswitch is off and my clutch is pulled in .it wont turn over at start button.i jumped it at silinoide but i have no spark ,i checked the clutch switch kickstand switch and tried testing the neutral switch all are good i think when i test the nuetral switch i dont have cotinuty ,but i do when its in gear plz help sorry about the spelling ive got a couple grand into this thing im tryin to figure this out thank you

·
Drop a gear and DISAPPEAR
52 Posts
Kickstand switch. Trust me I saved you a lot of headaches and possibly 100’s of dollars. I got two ecus at 250 a pop thinking I fired it some how and after a week of constantly working on it or looking for info it was the damn kickstand switch!!!!!

·
52 Posts
Ok so the neutral switch is jus a ground so when it’s in neutral it’s grounded. You could always bypass all of them. Also have you checked your starting circuit relay?? When he key is turned on you should hear a click under you seat where battery it. It controls fuel pump along with neutral clutch and kick stand switch. They go bad often. If it does you can split it open and solder in a new diode. Once you open it the failure will be obvious. Also the wiring harness connectors are
A real problem with our bikes so check all the connectors. If it ends up being your ecu they are like 250 on eBay but I jus happen to have a extra I would sell for a fraction of that!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again im at the cut off relay now.im not getting cotinuity in the sky blue pin a blue/yellow pin .and when i was looking at the harness the sky blue wasnt in the best shape,probly from everybody messin with testin it.im gonna order one today ill let you know how it goes.thanks again

·
52 Posts
No problem hope you get it fixed. And I have a extra harness. You would have to tape it up but nothing missing and it’s in good shape. But yea let me know regardless how it goes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts