Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
I have a 2001 R6 with 7000 miles on it. Last month without warning it suddenly stalled on me at speed on the Hwy. After 5 or 10 minutes I was able to bump start it and continue. After it happened again I broke down and bought a new battery. A week or two later it started happening again. Took it to the dealer to have it checked out and they said it was charging fine but the new battery was no good. Gave me a diff. battery and sent me on my way. Sure enough it's happening again, ARGH!!! Should I just start replacing things till I find it (stator, regulator)? I found a new stator on ebay for a 2003 model, but don't know if that will fit my bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cost ????

How much did the dealer ask for?
Just curious cause I think my generator is busted, and not sure how much I need to spend at the dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Surprised your dealer didnt know that from you explaining what happend. Also surprised he didn't know that cause reg/rectifier going bad is probably the most common problem with the R6.

If they just load tested the battery and that only...then i can see it. But they still should have known that if you went through 2 batteries sometihng was wrong.......this is usually from overcharging and frying it, which points right at the Reg/Rec.

Good to hear she's fixed for ya :cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts