Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just installed an integrated taillight. Not sure if it's a custom led, motodynamic or what.
So, when I first started the bike up, I had power on the taillight.
Then, a few minutes later I went to connect the turn signal.
Now I have no lights whatsoever. My flush mounts don't work and the taillight doesn't either.
What did I do wrong?
Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Track junkie wanna be
127 Posts
You might have hooked up the wires wrong and blew a fuse. Check your fuses then go back to the beginning with the install. Always start with the simple stuff when troubleshooting things.

·
STUGOTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, blew a fuse, replaced it and all was well.
UNTIL....I tried wiring the integrated blinkers. I blew another fuse.
What confuses me is, the stock blinkers have two wires per side, (left/right blinker) The aftermarket taillight has only one wire for each blinker, how can I get this to work and especially stop blowing fuses!

·
Track junkie wanna be
127 Posts
I do not really remember, I think it might be black. I would have to look when I get home later today. Have you tried youtube to see if there is a video of an install?? I am sure there is one out there for an r6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm kinda having the same issue, I bought an 07 R6 2 weeks ago and the guy I bought it from put a intergrated tail light on it and flush mount turn signals, but for some reason when the bike is running the light will stay on like it should but when I apply the brake the light doesn't get brighter it just stays lit up. Anyone know how to fix this? FYI the turn signals work and the head lights work fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts