Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm in the process of rebuilding a wrecked bike and I"m almost complete. None of the lights were working except the blinkers and the brakes only when applied. I checked the fuse box under the left clip on and the light fuse was blown. Replaced this and now all the lights are working except the low beam. High beam light turns on when I switch it on. And yes I know that only one light runs on low beam. It isn't working. The bulb doesn't appear to be blown. Any ideas what to check next?

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
Put the high beam bulb in the low beam and see if it works.

Report back

·
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
3,309 Posts
Have you started to the bike to check? A friend had HID's that were wired so if you had the high beams on it's light it up even without the bike running.

Next questions is does is have HID's?

-Jamie M.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
you can't look at a bulb and tell it's bad. I've been working on cars for a long time. 95% of the time a bulb looks ok but doesn't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having same problem on my 2006 r6 they are hids no low beam but have high beam I took the low beam and put it in the high beam and it lights up so it's not the bulb all fuses are good checked connection to battery everything's good all harnesses have been tested with multimeter everything's getting power could it be the relay I'm out of ideas I should add the low beam turns on for a brief 2nd then cuts out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts