Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I dont ride an R6 but my buddy does, and he is having some really weird electrical problems.

We were just out for a cruise, and all of a sudden, whenever he would pull in the front brake lever, his gauges would restart like he was turning the bike on. The motor would continue to run, but the gauges kept restarting every time he pulled the brake.

We turned the bike off, and when I thumbed the starter, it was so weak that it wouldnt start the bike. I push-started it for him, and he rode home with no problems other than the gauges.

Does this just mean that his battery is fried? Could their be a faulty ground or something?

He rides a 99 or 00 r6

Thanks guys

·
Yes I am the Devil, Bobby
257 Posts
just a guess,, when the brake light is on the voltagedrop is to much and possibly the charging system is on its last legs, do a search for rectifier plug problems. ie the plug melting, but the batt static charge should be aprox 12.4 v ( not running), and if memory serves me right, the bike running at aprox 4000 to 4500 rpm batt voltage should be 13.8 to 14.6v, hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guyz,

i own 08 r6 and stacked it recently man am not happy.

i damaged the ignition switch
key hole is not damaged but the outer casing that has small wires incased inside is.
is there anyway i make the bike run with out the key for it's going to be track bike.
does anyone have any advice

Thanks

r6_empire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts