Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Craftsman 3v garage door opener that I want to use for my bike. I have done the splicing into the remote and need a switch. I plan on using the battery in the remote for power, but wanted to know if I need a low voltage switch to toggle it on and off. And any ideas on where/how to mount it...

D

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
well... thre is a lot that you could do with this.. I would put the main unit in the nose under the windsheild... it should fit in there nice, and you'd be able to hide it if you have a smoked windshield.

As for the switch, you would have to open up the remote and soilder on a push button switch so you could "hit" it so it would open. You could find this at just about any auto parts store or a electronic parts store (Radio Shack).

Then you could wire the swtich up to a place on your handle bars so you could just hit it when you need to.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I wired a garage door opener up to my bikes alarm system. I used a car alarm system, and now the Trunk release button is my garage door opener.

I know i could have just bought a mini garage door opener to put on my key chain...but then that and the alarm remote with the key would be on there. I can't stand having big ass key chains full of shit.

I was gonna do a direct wire job, but then realized my remote was 9v so, i figured **** it. and just left the battery in the remote for power meanwhile. I'll probably get around to hard wiring it sometime, just gotta get decrease the voltage to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts