Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was at a popular motorcycle shop around town looking into purchasing a new exhaust for my bike when the mechanic came up to me and was asking if i was planning on gettin a power commander with the exhaust. I said yes (knowing they don't have a Dyno). He started to tell me about this new thing they have which uses load based technology. first time i've heard of this stuff. he handed me all the brochers and did his sales pitch.

is there anyone else out there that has heard of this or better yet bought it? price was $250 plus hour to install. I'm don't know all the technical mubo jumbo. but what i got from it was instead of using a dyno they electronically tune it in.

http://dobeckperformance.com/loadbasedtechnology.asp

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/

so basically what i want to know is is it worth saving the money going this route? or is it all a crock of S***?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
That looks like the Two Bros Juice box thing.... Most people don't have too much good to say about the Two Bros box.

PowerCommander is the big name in here for a reason. Bazzaz is another alternative (I see it as the only "real" competition for DynoJet/Power Commander), but there is also a few downsides to it.

Personally I think it's hard to beat a PCV, with an AutoTune kit. The AutoTune kit uses ta wide band O2 sensor to constantly adjust the fuel as needed. I picked up my exhaust, etc, and PCV from MJS, thread here. Seperate thread where I installed the AutoTune unit later.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
^^ I should add there is some merit to what they mention, that's why I mentioned the AutoTune kit for PC. There is a difference between how much fuel you need at 8000 RPM in 1st gear, and how much you need at 8000 RPM in 6th gear. Even just from a temperature change, you'll need adjustments to the fuel mixture, thats why the factory uses an O2 sensor.

Especially with a bike that has "ram-air" I felt more comfortable knowing the bike was making changes "intelligently" as I rode in various environments, that's why I added the AutoTune kit.

2,456 Posts
its a crock of shit. ive used one of those things on a 4 wheeler before. they suck ballz. just follow the crowd and get a power commander. your better off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts