Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
electronics gurus update running lights for your r6 5$

ok, so i'm thinking today, since i am getting some new flushies, and the greggs are nice but i cant stand to spend 100 dollars on turn signals, but i really want running lights would this work ???

basically, im going to use a resitor to drop voltage down to say 6-8 volts. So the leds are only half lit, then feed the two wires into the positive side of the flushy, and use a diode to prevent backfeeding the other lights on the same circuit that aren't going to be half lit! ok, so will it work??? i drew a little schematic up to get the point across

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
Some commas and periods might help get your point across as well as the schematic...

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
When the signal flashes it turns off the led's. Have installed this in a set of two wire signals. Works great. T

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ok so tripage had me sooooo confused i was like screw it so i got my big tackle box full of electronic parts out and went to work (which is what i should have done in the first place but after the other day i didn't feel like tearing into anything)

so any wayz you too can have running lights instead of just turn signals all you need is 2 diodes
(in5400 very common) one for each side and (2) 1/2watt 100 ohm resistors (this may vary depending on your load=(flush mounts) use the diagram in my first post this works i just did it you can vary your resistor load depending on how bright you want your running lights

ok so heres proof thanks for the help on the diode part tripage i was lucky and had two from an earlier project in my goodies

lol @ crusty old firefighter wondering if i lost my mind
http://www.nitrosportman.clubredr.com/running lights/MVI_0030.AVI

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i'm not down with that shit i did get hit by a jacobs electronic ignition the other day working on my brother in laws camaro it made me fall down go boom

my arm tingled for about 30 minute i think its like 65,000 volts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts