Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So twice now that some idiot cut in front of me which caused me to do some emergency braking at around 60mph on the freeway. Anyways, when I'm in say 4 gears or 5 gear and clutch in and start to brake fast (and forgot to downshift) it causes my bike to shut off.... what causes that to happen?

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I have an 07 R and the same thing happened to me last week, some idiot cut me off, and I had to slam the brakes, and it stalled. Rather have it stall than slam into them however.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an 07 R and the same thing happened to me last week, some idiot cut me off, and I had to slam the brakes, and it stalled. Rather have it stall than slam into them however.
Well it good to know that on hard braking that it just doesn't happen to me. 2003 R6. Going to clean the TPS anyways because it was acting funny... but I'm not sure why it does that....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Theres no reason it should shut off if you pull the clutch all the way in. If it were a car it sounds like a vaccum issue of some sort, but i dont think these bikes have vaccum assisted brakes.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Whats it idle at? It can happen at any time because of the type of tranny. A constant mesh tranny will always put some power through the tranny even in neutral. Its why your rear tires spins if its in the air and in neutral. Slamming on the brakes and locking up the rear can have enough drag to stall the engine. Check to make sure your clutch is adjusted properly, and make sure the idle is ~1200 rpm and it should go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts