Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going active duty this summer, and bought a 5x8 trailer last night to haul the bike/tools/gear with. Does anyone have any enclosed trailer setups they can post pictures or ideas? Looking for basic stuff like cabinets, helmet holder, wheel chock, anything like that

·
Motorcycles rock!!
133 Posts
Going active duty this summer, and bought a 5x8 trailer last night to haul the bike/tools/gear with. Does anyone have any enclosed trailer setups they can post pictures or ideas? Looking for basic stuff like cabinets, helmet holder, wheel chock, anything like that

While the slate is clean, start thinking about how you will use it and that will start pointing you in a direction of how you would have it arranged. I like:

• Removable wheel chocks so that the trailer can be used for other things
  • Tie down points that are recessed into the floor
  • Tie down points along the walls
  • A couple of places to hang leathers

I no longer have my enclosed trailer, and unfortunately do not have any pics to share.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have been more specific in my first post: I will not have access to a garage or shed, so I will be using the trailer basically as a makeshift garage until I get a real one. I'm not great with carpentry, however I was thinking I could bolt in some of those plastic garage shelves or something like that

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
heres an old pic from last year

If there are a few things Id recommend...

Nice raxx
Pitbull trailer restraints or baxley chocks
E-track

I would not recommend that garage organizer stuff like I have in the pic. Does not last & its expensive.
Got some nice diamond plate organizer stuff at a car show. THe fabricator is based out of Ohio.
Got all this for $120

I would suggest 12v LED bulbs for interior lights. If you have the $$$ put a nice LED spot light on the rear & side for night time unloading/working. A 12v battery system is a nice luxury.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts