Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any endo masters up in here? Anyone care to share the technique?

I mean shit i cant even get the tire up. all that happens is the forks compress.

·
Registered
10 Posts
when rolling to a stop,sweeze the brake slowly and when u want to come up,squeeze fast and tight and there you go..be careful though,it will come up and might scare the shit out of you the first time,make sure your tire is warm or you slide..u push forward at the same time as you brake

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I used to be really good at endos. Popping them up, riding them out and setting them back down somewhat controlled.

BUT

When I did one that flipped my bike over and gave it its first real road rash and damage (after 12,000 miles of being in mint condition), I stopped doing them.

They are somewhat fun to do and they look sort-a cool

BUT the thing about endos compared to wheelies is this - with a wheelie, if you are good and really pay attention, if it starts to go over, you can hit the back brake with your foot and bring it back down. In an endo, if you screw up and it starts to go over all you can do in GET THE HELL OFF THE BIKE and watch your baby flip over and fall to its side- NOT GOOD

Having said that, my next post will explain how to do them

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The best speed to do an endo is at aboput 35-40 mph

To start out practicing, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON A FLAT ROAD, get up to a descent speed 50 or so.

pull in the front brake hard but under control. Give it increasing pressure til the forks become compressed. When you feel comfortable compressing the forks completely, you are ready to start bringing it up.

When you get to that point that the forks are down, you will have to IN A CONTROLLED MANNER, lean forward and pull the brake in more. (Remember you are not trying to stop the bike you are just trying to bring the back end up)

The back will start top feel light, pull it in more and it will come up. be ready to let off the brake right awaybecause chances are you will freak out and react by pulling in the brake (flipping you over)

This is how to do it.

Just like throttle control is the key to wheelies, brake control is the key to endos.

When you start out they will probably come down hard and make a sound like your bike is breaking in half...remember...your bike will not break in half

Be careful take it slow and learn how to control the brakes...you too can be an endo masta
:roll:

·
Registered
995 Posts
some poeple say crank up the damper if u have one and keep your knees tight into the tank,is this true,`cause its not makin any difference to me gettin my arse in the air

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this post is old but i've been busy as hell with school so i haven't had time to go online. matter of fact i should be writing an essay and studying chemistry but i couldn't leave my forum peoples hangin...

anyway

Hey great advice jasamb. Thanks! I was wondering why the hell it seems like the only thing that happens is my forks are being compressed... duhhh its only part one.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yea, getting the forks compressed is easy but bringing the ass end up takes more pressure on the brakes ( and some balls the first time )

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I did my first endo during the MSF course (ERC). It was during the "swerve to miss obstacle and brake" excercise. I thought it was pretty funny and the instructor looks at me and says "kinda did an endo there"... and he wasn't laughing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts