Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back in town today and decided to take the bike out. Ok it’s 108 out side and the bike is black, but the lower part of the tank got hot enough to burn my inner thigh through my jeans. Has any one ever had a problem with that much heat radiating off the engine into the frame and tank? What can be done?
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've never had that problem but I can believe it for sure. Today I was riding around at about 3pm and it was 84deg outside. I was moving pretty good, not many stops, but after 20 min or so I could feel my right knee on the frame, which was getting real hot. I hate that shit, and it;s gonna warm up thru the week. I'm sticking to my 6pm and after riding.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
you can try putting some heat shielding on the inside of your frame ant tank to help out some. but i havent had that prob yet :cheers

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
You could put a couple of steaks right there and go for a nice long ride and you can eat when you get home.

·
Registered
786 Posts
*sniffle* ... I only had that problem the last day I rode mine (to the shop for the estimate after the wreck) .... she was unusually hot on the right side after going down the day before. But then again, I suspect my bike lost a little bit of coolant which at first, I thought was brake fluid all over the intersection...

Wish I had a dig cam at the time to show pictures

For all the guys who are noticing the overheating... have your bikes been down at any point?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think it's just the nature of the beast.

My 6 got REALLY hot on the right side... to the point that it would get uncomfortable if I were wearing jeans instead of my leathers. And just cruising in traffic it would get so hot by my foot that I would have to ride with my right foot off the peg to keep it from getting roasted. Once going at a highway pace it wouldn't be problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ya know I wish I had that problem but It wont happen to me.....Why you ask?

:cuss :cuss FUCKING RAIN! :cuss :cuss

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks,
I like the steak idea, multi tasking is good, and nothing impresses the chicks more than a guy with meat between his legs. :mrgreen:

Matt

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yep, mine gets pretty hot also. I can feel it through my jeans but not my riding pants. The ankles get hot too.

After time if it bothers me enough, i just hop up on the tank for a mile or so. Tons more air will get to your thighs and ankles when ridin on the tank. Just be careful, especially when remounting on your seat :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts