Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who live in hot climates... What do you run to cool your engine? Do you use regular antifreeze or enging ice? I am moving to SC for the summer and I was wondering what I should run....

·
Raised on paint chips
432 Posts
I run engine ice in all my bikes. it wont make it run cooler when you're putting through town but it will cool down quicker when you get moving. water-wetter works well too but freezes. engine ice will freeze but it's gotta be a lot colder before it's a problem and turns into more of a slush than a block of ice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i worked at a bike shop for 2 1/2 years and heard nothing but good things about engine ice. engine ice will not freeze. water wetter (in only distilled water) will run the coolest but it will freeze. engine ice is a type of antifreeze
you can add water wetter to antifreeze or engine ice but there is little to no benifite

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Winter in NY = snow (meaning no riding so I dont think thats a problem as long as it doesnt freeze....)

·
Get on it
321 Posts
i havent tried it but i have heard of people running alcohol and water. i know engine ice worked wonders in the motocross bikes. the guys with the crf450 honda dirt bikes would have overheating problems without it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the motocross bikes I should run it too? Damn...

·
black is the fastest
59 Posts
engine ice is good stuff i have run it in about a dozen bikes and had no problems with it
engine ice is not track legal so unless your doing track days go for it

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
I used to run it in my MX bikes, didnt really notice any difference than the stock coolant

Also make sure u dont mix it with any other coolant..it will turn into goo haha

·
I sold my R6
229 Posts
engine ice is good stuff i have run it in about a dozen bikes and had no problems with it
engine ice is not track legal so unless your doing track days go for it
I'm pretty sure you can use it at the track. Different tracks might have different rules and for different classes, but my friend ran it at jennings. And i've heard from others you can.

·
black is the fastest
59 Posts
^ ur right it depends on the track i know at pacific raceways in washington doesnt allow it

·
Go Tigers!
2,625 Posts
why cant you use engine ice on the track? Maybe a dumb question, but really, i dont know why.
Cause its slick like antifreeze, if it gets on the track, could cause wrecks and takes a while to clean up. You cant run it with Nesba.

·
Registered
339 Posts
strait distilled water with 'water wetter' is the best - and it's allowed at the track. engine ice isn't.
Engine Ice IS allowed on the track and a LOT of track organizations dont even make you change your coolant anymore.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts