Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1mm wiseco is 618cc, I just noticed some blue puffs when ever I give it a crack of throttle in neutral so I am thinking the rings may be bad

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I was going to go into doing that much work on my byke regaurdless of the reason (fried rings, or 4 performance) I would go at least 2mm over, then at least when you're done you get more performance out of it :) that's juss my opinion of what I would personally do.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
gsxR1000_guy said:
If I was going to go into doing that much work on my byke regaurdless of the reason (fried rings, or 4 performance) I would go at least 2mm over, then at least when you're done you get more performance out of it :) that's juss my opinion of what I would personally do.
But Wiseco doesn't have a 2mm overbore kit listed for 03-04, I'm assuming becasue the block can't take that much without becoming very unreliable.

1mm overbore would not be worth it. If you and 02 or earlier you can 2mm which takes you out 636-637, which would be worth it.

But your talking an awful lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not really any smoke when it first starts, just after it`s been running like a min and I give it a shot of gas, puff of blue smoke. I did notice though that the weep hole on the left side of the head was weeping oil so my spark plug donuts gaskets must be shot and cover gasket
I can`t go to 2mm overbore because that would be over cc limit for racing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
z31maniac said:
But Wiseco doesn't have a 2mm overbore kit listed for 03-04, I'm assuming becasue the block can't take that much without becoming very unreliable.
sorry, for some reason I had '02 stuck in my head :roll: (dummy ole me)

·
Registered
61 Posts
subzero said:
I can`t go to 2mm overbore because that would be over cc limit for racing.
Sorry didn't think of that either, although u didn't mention it until now either. Either way disregaurd what I have said then...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Do you wheelie alot? If you do, that can cause the oil to get into the airbox from the vent tubes.... then when you're playing with throttle in neutral, the AIS valve will be opening right when you let off the throttle.....and taking in a tad bit of oil. That's a possibility.

How many miles on the engine? And have you done a leak down test?

Could be valves, valve guides..........

I'd do a leak down test first to see if you are getting any leaking past the rings before tearing into it.

I'd also be willing to bet that if you are getting blow-by accross the rings, that your cylinders are fine (unless you have not been warming it up correctly) The Ni-casil lining is some strong ass shit. You could probably get by with just rings...... and deglazing the Ni-casil

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
z31maniac said:
gsxR1000_guy said:

1mm overbore would not be worth it. If you and 02 or earlier you can 2mm which takes you out 636-637, which would be worth it.

But your talking an awful lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :cheers
Or you could go out and buy a ZX6R 636 :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts