Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK !!!
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 R6, it has a full exhaust, I had a power commander but I need a new one, i've rode it 3 or 4 times without the pc putting on about 120 miles, on the last ride after about 2 min. of riding the exhuast sounded deeper than usual kind of like something may have been blocking the exhuast flow, also it's been hesitating from 4-5k rpm, so if you can be any help that would be great.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Exhausts wear in in the first few rides and will change sounds and get deeper. The hesitation comes from an improper tune in the PCIII. Also, did you remove the exup valve entirely or just disconnect the wires so you don't through a code?

·
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK !!!
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This exhaust is not new i've had it on almost as long as i've had the bike, but on mother's day I highsided at the track and the power commander was then broken so I removed it, and made the repairs to the bike. Since then I have rode it a few times but this last time I only went around the block because of the stated problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
start the bike up let it run for about a min. touch the exhaust header see what pipe is cold or the coldest and see what ones are hot. if one is cold and the rest are warm/hot then you got dead cyclinder and it can be a couple problems. now it sounds like you say it clears up around 4-5k? then that sounds like a spark issue and you may have a bad coil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts