Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Is your R6 stock colors?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased my 01 R6. When I am at a red light I tend to sit and watch the little temp gauge under the tach. I am just wondering what is to hot? Also what is the best temp. for the engine to be around? Just wondering cuz its still cold here and I just want to know when it gets how in the summer what I should expect as far as the high engine temp. Cool.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
mine runs around 175-185 when im moving...on a hot day at a stpolight for a long time, it can go over 220.

this is all acceptable

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats pretty much what I am runnin now when I ride, jsut wanted to make sure cuz the thighs get kinda toasty.

·
Registered
953 Posts
i think the manual says like something around 265+ is when your over heating and need to stop riding

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
cdemon said:
i think the manual says like something around 265+ is when your over heating and need to stop riding
dude, you sound like such an ass.......

j/k! ya, mine gets to 212 and then the fan kicks on and its all good. run about 185 under power.

·
Registered
953 Posts
penfold said:
cdemon said:
dude, you sound like such an ass.......

j/k! ya, mine gets to 212 and then the fan kicks on and its all good. run about 185 under power.

C-05]-[ |o3/\/ `/0|_| 4123 50 51|_|_`/, `/0|_| /\/\41<3 /\/\3 1=33|_ |_11<3 5]-[17 50/\/\371/\/\35.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts