Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just saw an ad for a 05 engine for a price of $ 300. It is missing some covers, the starter motor, and the stator or magnetic plate.

According to the seller, it emits a noise coming from the connecting rod, but for that price I see it a perfect engine to better understand the internal functioning, on the other hand, the parts that are correctly could be sold.

I have thought of a more current r6, due to environmental restrictions my 05 model next year will not be able to circulate in the city center.....

I tell you that, why not open a lot of difference in an engine from 05 to the most modern such from 10 12 years? What do you think?

Regards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds a little dodge tbh .. if you wanted to learn how the engine works just buy a Haynes manual and use YouTube with it??

A bottom end fail normally results is a full engine rebuild .. bottom n top including barrels piston valves n more!

If seller says it has a con rod knock then why is it now missing engine covers as well ?

Curious tho .. why cant you ride your 05 in the city ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My idea was not to rebuild the engine and leave it 100% functional, if not to disassemble it without any fear of breaking anything since it already is, it does not have to be the same as watching a video on YouTube and reading a book.

Surely the covers are missing, and the alternator etc ... because it sold them, I suppose they are the few components that can be sold. Since I see few people buying camshafts, engine blocks etc ... it is rare, unless they are broken and the seller does not specify it.

But I do not do it to earn money, if not to have more experience.

If on January 1, 2022, the Barcelona city council prohibits the circulation of gasoline vehicles until 2006, the r6 of 05 belongs to the EURO-3 regulation ... I will need a more modern r6 if I want to circulate a EURO- 4/5.

Regards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Damm that sucks man! Is it the same for all vehicles then? Sounds abit harsh to rule out any motor before 2006 .. what about the classics!!!

I get your point .. 300 for a broken engine so you can learn from it. I'm just trying to explain that its 300 for a reason .. yes he probably sold the parts that are missing .. or worse he messed it all up trying to DIY it!

300 for a r6 engine .. even if its not running is almost too good to be true .. theres got to be a catch to it ... if you buy it make sure the numbers check out n it's not from a stolen bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
My idea was not to rebuild the engine and leave it 100% functional, if not to disassemble it without any fear of breaking anything since it already is, it does not have to be the same as watching a video on YouTube and reading a book.

Surely the covers are missing, and the alternator etc ... because it sold them, I suppose they are the few components that can be sold. Since I see few people buying camshafts, engine blocks etc ... it is rare, unless they are broken and the seller does not specify it.

But I do not do it to earn money, if not to have more experience.

If on January 1, 2022, the Barcelona city council prohibits the circulation of gasoline vehicles until 2006, the r6 of 05 belongs to the EURO-3 regulation ... I will need a more modern r6 if I want to circulate a EURO- 4/5.

Regards.
I went to Barcelona about a year ago n stayed in the Reval .. fucking great city but at least 80% of the motors there was from before 2006 ..

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Make sure that you won't be wasting your time with the swap, only to find out that they only go by the VIN# on the frame. The other concern is, would such a regime turn around and outlaw the 2006, the very next year. Kids learn and develop with toys. Consider it a $300 toy.

If it's a legitimate elected government, (not a Putin style "dictocracy") they won't suddenly outlaw a massive swath of vehicles while expecting to still hold office post election. As someone already alluded to, query for loopholes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damm that sucks man! Is it the same for all vehicles then? Sounds abit harsh to rule out any motor before 2006 .. what about the classics!!!
It depends on the city, for example Barcelona does not recognize historical vehicles, you can no longer see old Vespas on the streets. Madrid, for example, does recognize historical vehicles.

Make sure that you won't be wasting your time with the swap, only to find out that they only go by the VIN# on the frame. The other concern is, would such a regime turn around and outlaw the 2006, the very next year. Kids learn and develop with toys. Consider it a $300 toy.

If it's a legitimate elected government, (not a Putin style "dictocracy") they won't suddenly outlaw a massive swath of vehicles while expecting to still hold office post election. As someone already alluded to, query for loopholes.
hahaha my $ 300 toy, I understand what you mean.

Also in the end there has been no deal, I have thought better of it. I will continue to learn with my engine or the future engine that I have, since I have never had problems until now.

If they will, we currently have a very progressive government, they don't care, they could write 14 pages about the government of the city council, for example they removed lanes from the most important streets, to open pedestrian and reading areas, plants etc ... and the traffic became insane. But I do not want to divert the thread, I am looking at models from 08, since the 06/07 had crankcase problems.

Regards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Personally I think u dodged a bullet on that one! It's just seemed too good to be true at 300 .. I mean I'm selling my old Tour Max coils for 100 n that's a good price! It's crazy in the uk rn .. cant even get a pit bike for 300 🙄😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts