Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting this post up with full awareness that it will get lot's of sideway reply's.:toocool:
Enough with the noobie don't do this and don't do that. It's pretty gay every time a kat asks a question and the FIRST answer they get is I don't recommend
you do that ! First off I have two children and I am sure a lot of you have or had children of your own, if not at least it's safe to assume you were a snot nosed child at on point in life. Who went through these scenarios without trial and tribulation ?
Do the damn thang and you learn from the aftermath :jacked !!! Maybe you skip the aftermath and all is blissful reward:FU.Either way people don't listen so I support all you that want to do the damn thang. My license plate does'nt say HOOLGN for nada !!!!!:usa Let the count down of controversy begin :321

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well if you don't want people to be ohnest then people shouldn't be asking questions. If people came on here thinking everyone would say yea do that, that would be cool then they wouldn't need to ask. People come here to get other peoples opinions and thoughts and ideas on things. Anyway if you don't want to hear I wouldn't do that then don't ask.

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm not asking but hey thanks for the "HONEST" reply :) Bring more sauce with your next reply. And side note glad to see your from Colly that brings joy to my heart !!!!!!

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
If you don't want someone else's opinion, then don't ask. It's that easy. And about the snot-nosed child part..... Most of US have out-grown that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any time you ask an opinionated question you are asking because you are unsure of the, as coopdevillan put it, "aftermath". If you are unsure then that means the "I wouldn't recommend that" replies are actually what you are expecting to get. I wouldn't even bother asking an opinion if I figured everyone was going to say "yeah man, do it, thats a great idea, everyone does it." I ask opinions so that I get opinions. Good and bad. Most new guys want to hear it both ways.
What I don't like is when a noob asks a question and gets responses that aren't even answers. Most noobs don't seach enough before asking...but if we were all just in a big room chatting and you had a question would you go home and seach first or just ask since we were all hanging around anyway? I know I would just ask. A forum like this is just a big conversation so why can't noobs just ask? Why do they get the "Man there are like 100 threads on this already if you could use that search button" answer? If you are tired of answering the question again...post a link, or don't answer at all. JMO

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IHav2P hit it on the head! Most of the replies in our BIG conversation are smart ass SNOT NOSE kid replies. How many different scenarios can bikers come up with before there are no more topics to cover ? The forum would be a dead issue and this would be more of a ARCHIVE. People ask about how to wheelie and such and are going to learn by trial and tribulation whether your opening statement is "noobie don't do that until you have 3000.99
miles put on the bricks" or not ! And as for this Arab character this is not he. I would never come up with some bs name as Arab. American and proud lady's and gents. I do appreciate the replies from this thread heated yet all ahve kept there respect levels good times guy's :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yeah I agree with this... if your views don't coincide with those of the original thread poster, who is himself unsure and asking a question looking for OPINIONS, you just shouldn't post at all.

Oh wait no, that's retarded.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't think most of us were talking about telling people how to do wheelies and most people say that because they don't want someone that does not have enough experience riding going out and trying to do a wheelie. But most people will say hey you might want to waite but if and when you are ready this is how you do it. but again if you are going to ask you should expect to hear hey you probably shouldn't do that untily you have more experience. If there going ot do it anyway thats their thing but at least they were warned.

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well fellas I am going to depart for a 120 mph trip to grub at Chiles. Any recommendations before I head out. And don't u worry we can get the net heads when I get back :)

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I agree somewhat on some posts, but the majority of noob posts are askin for that kind of response. Usually somethin like "this is my first bike how fast can i go" or "this is my first bike and i want to do standups like everyone else at 200mph". The majority opinions are in part callin you out as well. I think that if you ask a dumb question such as above or similar, then the response should basically call you out for it or at least make you realize the majority of riders dont think you are ready for the kind of skill required to pull off what you're asking. If its a part question, most of the time they are answered in stickies which should be read first.

and just a side note...why is this in the how to's? It isnt a very good one... :popcorn:

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm taken the side walk but droppen speed to 95. Owen R6 six u have a point agree with on ur post.And it's posted in this section because of the traffic it gets as opposed to other sections. And to my colly boy I have armor from head to knee brother. I'm outty. This has been a day off well spent guy's until tonight when I have the Cape Cod flowen through my veins.Keep it tight.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ride on the sidewalk....its faster
That's exactly the kind of response that noobs get to their questions that I don't agree with. They'll ask about the amount of oil to use and get a similar answer. Why? Answer the question or don't post. JMO

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's exactly the kind of response that noobs get to their questions that I don't agree with. They'll ask about the amount of oil to use and get a similar answer. Why? Answer the question or don't post. JMO
:stupic Couldn't agree more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts