Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tried searching everywhere for an answer to error 11 problem cant find an answer.

Bike starts and runs fine, but engine light will flash sometimes while riding and when I go in to diagnostic mode it shows me error 11 (no normal signal being received from cam shaft sensor)

Bike has never cut out with this or had a problem starting, so I think its safe to preaume there's no problem with the ecu as I've seen a few people change them after encountering this problem.

Checked over wiring and ground, everything connected properly. I bought some contact cleaner and cleaned the connections still same thing.

Tried getting a sensor from ebay but of course the 1 i got didn't work at all and dont really want to spend £140 for a brand new 1.

Has anybody any ideas how to sort this?

I don't really mind riding bike as is but considering selling soon and don't want to leave bike with a problem for someone else.

Cheers for any help

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the manual say about code 11?
Manual says no normal signal being received from cam shaft sensor.

So done all the checks the manual asked couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

As original post stated tried a sensor from Ebay that didn't work.

Bought the wiring harness for camshaft sensor and ignition coils still the same problem 😣

More googling found a similar problem on the R1 forum guy had the same error turned out to be a defective starter solenoid that was causing it as the ecu/sensor wasn't getting sufficient power.

I had replaced my solenoid a few months previous
So had a look, connections not corroded or anything, fuse not blown... then I spotted my old solenoid and noticed the fuse was a different colour 🤔

Original solenoid had 40amp fuse new 1 had 30amp. Just assumed it would be the right fuse sent with it as I bought it from an online motorcycle parts retailer.

Switched fuse over started bike went out for a ride and going 100% now.

Really thought I was going to have to end up buying an ecu and changing ignition etc.

Hopefully this will help anybody that encounters this problem 😁 🏍

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Must've been a defective fuse and/or bad connection.

The fuse shouldn't limit power flow without blowing.

If it actually prevented the circuit from getting enough power, it should've blown.

A bad connection could prevent the system from getting enough power yet, not blow the fuse.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully it was a combination of the fuse and the harness i changed then, if it really ends up coming down to replacing the ecu will seriously just consider scrapping it or go for an insurance claim 🙊 lovely bike when it runs but that's not been very often 😔

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Not sure about how it is over the Pond, but here you would just sell it "as is". Plenty of folk here who really don't mind working on a bike. They literally spend more time "modding" a bike, then dealing the issues they created, than riding it. Like you, I'm all about the seat time, while doing what's necessary to keep the important bits at acceptable performance levels.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
549 Posts
I agree. Safety first. Fun second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts