Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My R6 eats you -->
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike's been really bad about dyeing for just a little power use. Today I decided to take it out for a nice long ride to charge it back up. Well once I got off the highway to turn around it died on me in a low speed/rpm turn. Just shut off. A rolling start wouldn't work, had to use jumper cables. Even then, once I let the rpms down it would shut off.

From what I understand about error 46 it's a charging system failure - power not normal. I had to leave my bike where it was and plan on picking up a new battery tomorrow morning and changing on the spot at the gas station I left it at. Never swapped the battery before. What tools will I need to be sure to have in order to swap it out?

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Sounds like the problem I had when my stator went out.

Usually the bike won't die if your battery goes dead while you are riding. It will however die if your charging system goes bad then drains the battery because your charging system is not creating enough power.

Get your battery tested first before you replace it and make sure you are not getting rid of a good battery.

If the battery is good check the stator and the voltage regulator before you start trying to throw money at the issue. My stator went out at 11,000 miles.

·
Jennings rocks!
1,435 Posts
Canon, it just means you have to start riding like Rossi. That will eliminate the error.

Age old joke, but I had to do it. Hope you get it fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts