Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
I am guessing you have a slip on. Did you take the 2 cables all the way out from the servo itself? I was thinking when I took mine off, if I was going to leave it hanging or not. So I just followed the line and saw that you can take off the cable and still have the servo working. Follow those two line and check the servo, it may have just got stuck. I check mine once in a while and add a little grease in the middle. I haven't had any problem. I was doing this cause I kept hearing about that error code 18. Try that. GL

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we messed with the cables and the where the cables attach to the valve itself on the can and the fault cleared. I haven't taken it for a ride yet though. I'll see if it comes back. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just remove the exup from bike, remove the screws and open it up, remove plug with wires intact cut the little motor wires the red and black and splice them together Leave small chip attached to plug. Then go under the tank plug it all back in and electrical tape it together and secure it with other cables, no more error codes and all works fine. did this on my unit, nothing to buy no messing with resistors or other things just what the bike is looking for only difference we lost a few grams in weight and servo sensor thinks motor still there as its shortet together the same as if motor was turning.

going on 1 month all good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine acted up a lot. I disconnected the servo motor cables at first and the valve would just roll shut. So I removed the can and looked at the actual flap inside the exhaust can. It has two phillips head screws in it. They are spot welded in place. I took a dremel and cut the spot weld to brake it loose, unscrewed the two screws and and removed the flap. The metal post is still inside the can, but now there is no flap to fall shut. Works like a charm and no CEL

·
Registered
16 Posts
by doing that its like if you put a new exhaust on it as they dont have it either but you still have that huge cat. By doing what you did you are gaining no power and actually losing some at lower rpm's. When removing exup with full exhaust you get power because you are losing weight and opening up the exhaust , might want to look into getting full exhaust now. on stock exhaust leave the ex-up on as it does work better on the stock exhaust.
just my two cents not the guy who designed it but definetly done alot of mods myself.

·
Registered
94 Posts
by doing that its like if you put a new exhaust on it as they dont have it either but you still have that huge cat. By doing what you did you are gaining no power and actually losing some at lower rpm's. When removing exup with full exhaust you get power because you are losing weight and opening up the exhaust , might want to look into getting full exhaust now. on stock exhaust leave the ex-up on as it does work better on the stock exhaust.
just my two cents not the guy who designed it but definetly done alot of mods myself.
You lose a tiny bit of bottom end, nothing worth noting. I want to run a full exhaust, but I'm spending my money elsewhere currently. Removing that little valve has hurt nothing. I have 13,500mi on my 07 and that valve has been more often than not stuck close. So I'd rather lose a little bottom end, then have it staying closed at interstate speeds and bog down at 8,000 rpm if I try to punch it. It was a valued trade off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts