Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 07 r6 with stock exhaust i got error code 18 [ it was my consecutive third track day at laguna ]. 07 r6 has 5000 miles on it, this is the first time I saw the error :scared . I skipped my session because of this error, later afternoon the error code went off automatically, I was able to resume the riding session. I checked the forum old post :popcorn: found out EXUP servo motor which wasnt functioning properly. Most of the suggestions were to get rid of it . Before i remove it out i would like to know what is the use of the EXUP servo motor ? :confused:

· Premium Member
30,415 Posts
epa and noise regulation crap.

when you're on the track, the "creates mid range power" doesn't affect you as you're 10k rpm and higher anyway. just spend the $2, ditch the cables AND motor, and you'll never have to worry about it again. in fact, i MIGHT have my old $2 one i made but took off when i had my ecu flashed. cheaper to do your own than pay for shipping for this one, though.

· AFM #327
15,146 Posts
epa and noise regulation crap.

when you're on the track, the "creates mid range power" doesn't affect you as you're 10k rpm and higher anyway. just spend the $2, ditch the cables AND motor, and you'll never have to worry about it again. in fact, i MIGHT have my old $2 one i made but took off when i had my ecu flashed. cheaper to do your own than pay for shipping for this one, though.
OP's an electrical engineer but am sure he will likely buy my exup eliminator.... coz I'll sell it to him :laugh

U wanna buy :naughty:

· AFM #327
15,146 Posts
haha! nope. b/c ANYTHING over ~$3 is overpriced. :fact

and be careful about "selling" without that tag... i've been banned for a bit for even mentioning something without a tag back in the day.
seriously....?

I'm not trying to sell a lot of these...just my used item....does that warrant a ban without a vendor tag? :nono

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.