Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So obviously a quick search reveals that 41 is lean sensor.

I've tried gluing the sensor and l've also tried the known working sensor from my 13S R6. Neither has brought me any joy.
And l also cannot delete the code in diagnostic mode. I think it's just running the fuel pump when l turn the kill switch on.

Apparently it just stopped working one day, but l'm only taking the seller on his word. He said that the ECU has been changed, l have a spare barrel, key and ECU as well as the ones installed. And just to complicate things further, the tank key matches one barrel, the other obviously doesn't and l can't unlock the pillion seat!

I've also tried swapping the ECU over, but all l got was 52 and l couldn't get into diag mode. I didn't try the other barrel

Has anyone got any suggestions on what else it could be, what to try? I have got my 08' R6 that's in very good condition l can take parts off to try and eliminate the problem/s, but l don't want to go too wild if it can be helped.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Year? 2006.

Aftermarket seat replacements are trash. Otherwise I'd suggest you just forcefully pull up the seat. WIll just have to drill-out the lock cylinder or take it to a locksmith to remove and have a key made.

Electronics are different from US models so won't comment on that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading through the service manual, it's suggested it could also be an open or short circuit. How can this be tested?
I've also disconnected the fuel pump as per the service manual, still no changes.
Year? 2006.

Aftermarket seat replacements are trash. Otherwise I'd suggest you just forcefully pull up the seat. WIll just have to drill-out the lock cylinder or take it to a locksmith to remove and have a key made.

Electronics are different from US models so won't comment on that.
Any ideas on the electronics still? I've exhausted everything I can do. It's close to getting binned the way l'm going.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After more reading and more wasted time, the only update l have is D08: 5.0 service manual says 41 lean angle, diagnostic code 08 so l'm assuming it means 08 when scrolling through. Does 5.0 mean 5v? I'm not great with electrics, but I'm assuming it means 5v and I believe little things like the lean angle sensor run off 5v

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Crank but no start? Or does it not crank?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update; Another kind gentlemen pointed out that the values for the lean angle sensor are upright: 0.4-1.4v Over turned 3.7-4.4v so obviously it still thinks it's on it's side! Any idea how to test/check for what could be causing this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I understood correctly, you tried another lean sensor from a 2013 R6, right? And the bike is an ‘06, right?
As far as I understand it, the 2008+ have the same lean angle sensor, and the 2006-2007 have a different one.
So trying the ‘13 one on the ‘06 wouldn’t help.
I know this because I thought I had a tip over sensor issue when I swapped over the wire harness on my “2006” for with another wire harness from another ‘06 bike. Lo and behold the previous owner had done an engine swap to a 2010 and didn’t tell me. So I was using a 2010 sensor on the new 2006 harness that I bought.
I had to buy another 2008+ wire harness and swapped it over again, and it cranked right up.
Long story short, try a tip over sensor from a 2006-2007

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. I'll find out now if they are different. The 13S has an extra wire going to the sensor, but the sensor only has 3 pins still. So no idea what that's about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well. I could just be talking straight out of my ass because the part numbers are the same. So you should probably ignore me. Lmao

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha just got off the phone to Yamaha, exactly the same part number, you're right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not much help but u need to find a way to delete/reset the tip over code .. I'm guessing u tried the standard way to clear the ob diag system .. 62 n flip the kill switch on then off

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'ce tried that a few times after trying different things and it won't delete. I'm assuming it's a wiring issue, but not 100% yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm only guessing but it wont delete bc something is constantly tripping it. Have you pulled the sensor and cleaned the connections? If not then u need to trace the wiring n check for shorts/faults. I know u replaced it but it was a different model. Shot in the dark but try removing it .. resetting the diagnostics (wont work) re installing the sensor and try to clear the diag again 🤷‍♂️

1 - 17 of 17 Posts