Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
I wreck my R6
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been through most of the threads on this and a few other forums on why my bike developed an error code 46 and died; insufficient power supplyt to the FI. Found that the clip for the rectifier/regulator had burnt up a fair amount. The red wire in the clip and the white wire directly below it were fused together with hard plastic.

Just last night I cleaned up the wiring harness and the connector end of the rectifier/regulator. I tested the battery/juiced it up and tested the stator. All good. I tried plugging in the rectifier and giving the bike power to see it's reaction. It came online with Error Code 46 but started and the code went away - this is with everything plugged up as normal, EXCEPT the white and red wire. I bandaged the red one because it had all the plastic burn off and put on new connectors. I turned the bike off after about two minutes. It warms up at the appropriate rpm and everything, but I'm just trying to figure out what these two wires do. Also, any suggestions for relocating the r/r or what could have actually caused the two wires to fuse together?

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts