Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this before? Its basically a little box with a set of wires coming out of each side. I looked at my tail light and there is only one set of wires going into it. I've never installed one of these before, so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i tried one of them on the last bike that i had and it wasnt worth it at all. too much of a hassle and it didnt work as well as they said. What i did on my r6 was went to ebay and bought a new tail light with the integrated turn siglnals in them. I got the smoke one. Looks clean and was worth every penny. (tail light and shipping was roughly $80....). Just my 2 cents. let us know what you decide to do.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I have clear alternatives and I just had to unplug the stock tail light there is a quick release male/female coupling up near the battery and I plugged in my new one, ran the wire, connected the turn signals and voila!!!!

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
you definately got lucky with it working out for you good. it was just my experience and opinion from the one that i did, not saying that it couldnt be done with easy. the only thing i wouldn't like would be the fact that your turn signlas would be red and not the orange/yellow. people in cars are stupid and it could be a problem. whatever you decide to do, just think about whether or not it will be very visable to others around you clearly. let us know what you decide doing, i'd like to see how it turns out for you. good luck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts