Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reason i'm asking is to see if i'm weird or normal.

over the past 2 days, as i think about my 50th more and more, i miss it terribly. not just riding, but the bike itself. i have some sort of emotional attachment to it. i used to hug it all the time when i was out riding with people, i kissed it goodnight a couple times after a few drinks...

it's bad enough to where i went to the scene of the wreck, picked up some pieces of it, and now i sleep with those pieces sitting on my bed next to me.

everytime i think about it, i get kinda sick to my stomach and i feel like i'm dead.

i know this is probably just weird and dumb, but i honestly love that thing...i just needed to vent a little i guess..:(

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm sure its pretty standard. Although this is my first bike so I don't know. :D

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
i havent even been in my garage to look at my bike after my last wreck which was like 3 weeks ago, im too afriad to thoroughly inspect it and realize how much damage i did.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i've owed a couple of bikes but trurly my r6 is my first love.i keep thinking about selling it but i cant do it.im in love shes all mine and no one else can ride her and take care of her the way i can.lol

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
reason i'm asking is to see if i'm weird or normal.

over the past 2 days, as i think about my 50th more and more, i miss it terribly. not just riding, but the bike itself. i have some sort of emotional attachment to it. i used to hug it all the time when i was out riding with people, i kissed it goodnight a couple times after a few drinks...

it's bad enough to where i went to the scene of the wreck, picked up some pieces of it, and now i sleep with those pieces sitting on my bed next to me.

everytime i think about it, i get kinda sick to my stomach and i feel like i'm dead.

i know this is probably just weird and dumb, but i honestly love that thing...i just needed to vent a little i guess..:(
Not weird at all... I've developed emotional attachments to all of my bikes present and past...

i havent even been in my garage to look at my bike after my last wreck which was like 3 weeks ago, im too afriad to thoroughly inspect it and realize how much damage i did.
Did you ever call my buddy? He'll be able to help you with your bike... :fact

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
not me i hated that goddamn gixxer with its huge carbs that i had to sit with on choke for like 5 minutes before i could even think of touching the throttle in the morning its retarded speedometer cable that snapped like every 3000 miles and its freakin vacuum operated fuel switch that had to have the gaskets changed every 6 months

i would die if something happened to my 6 though i had to leave her all alone today cause it was hailing rain i dont mind but golf ball size hail is totally different

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would miss that bike too!! The 50th Anniversary Edition is BADASS!!! Dude, I think about my bike all the time. Sometimes I think people at work think I'm a weirdo because I talk about my bike and bikes in general so much!

·
Banned
441 Posts
I know exactly what you mean... Me a broke as kid got hit by another dusche kid on an R6 and he didnt have insurance. Hurt my bike pretty bad... and me

After 4 months and alot of working my ass off to get all the parts to fix it I went to work only to find that the dealership had stored my bike outside in the rain and the condition of the motor was well... ****ed. Valves were open on one of the cylinders and water got past the rings and into the crank case...

So I saved again and had the damn thing rebuilt... Ill never ever sell this bike. To much love pain and tears in it. and 8 months later...

So yes i know EXACTLY what your talking about.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Thank you sir. It required alot of dedication and ramen noodles. Pinch those pennys my friend.

Oh and btw it has a name. Optimus Prime. Me and everyone that knows me calls it that. And it was manufactured in the same month that I was born. I know its crazy and silly but... I love it.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i treat my bikes like my girlfriend......if i get dumped, i just get a new one:fact.
except for my ducati.....i'll cry if she's gone.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
I feel you. I still go into my garage every morning to turn on the lights and put on the heater so she doesn't feel too lonely. Kills me when my bike is immobile. I'd say .. yeah it's abnormal, most people will never know what it feels like, but you're in like company dude. Condolences.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Absolutely. In fact, I just sold my 1098, and I missed it before it was even sold! Don't miss the Z1000 at all, but I think of my 01' R1 all the time. I NEVER shoulda sold that bike! I have a 50th as well and I doubt I'll get rid of it. Here's a pic to tide you over :) I live in Romeoville, so if you ever get back ridin, let me know...

Mikw

Attachments

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
Dude, where did you get those carbon fairings, they look sweet! I always miss things I sell, and usually end up kicking my self in the arse for selling..

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
when mine went, i felt just like you. So its not weird or anything. Just an attachment that will fade but not forgotten. Hang in, get well, and get a new one :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Haven't looked back to my old 05 R6, since I've bought my 07 1000rr.

·
Twist....
59 Posts
I had an 02 R6 that got stolen a few years back. I loved that bike and still wish i had it. The 03 i have now i dont like as much. But the ZX10 i have i love to death and def. takes the cake.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i remember when i got my first bike..... and not too long after when i dumped my first bike. it was an emotional time, the only thing on my mind was to nurse it back to health!!!! when it was in peices, i wasn't at peace mentaly at all.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Dude, where did you get those carbon fairings, they look sweet! I always miss things I sell, and usually end up kicking my self in the arse for selling..
A guy that was selling um on the forum for a while but got fed up with people that were bashing his quality that had never even seen them in person. So he deleted his thread and disappeared. I love um. They get ALOT of attention.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts