Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many forum discussions about all kinds of different topics, and have noticed that not to many people around here are big fans of TBR exhaust for their 6's. Why is this? I have rode on a few different full exhaust system (on other model bikes) and wasn't impressed with the sound, and didn't see a huge difference in performance. Also, are there any better looking can then the TBR Caron one (Come on!)? Why all the hate? :cuss: lol

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
IMO I think they look kinda cheap.

I was going to get one but after listening to sound clips and seeing them in person I didn't like them at all.

Yes, there are many better lookin cans out there.... Here are some:

Also, this last picture makes your argument totally invalid.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, GP cans always look better then the full size form the 1st gen. Also I said carbon fiber. Lol, just thought I would get other peoples opinions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im with you man, i personally love TBR systems! They look awesome and sound sick!! Now if only i had the $$$ to finally get one!! :thumbdown

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldnt believe the sound and performance boost when I installed my full system, along with the TBR juice box. Now, I do admit, a PC would be much better. It gives you alot more options and control over you map. Although, setting mine up to TBR spec, I get very little popping or backfire like I did with Leo and PC on my Kawaski.... so there ya go

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I don't hate the 2 brothers slip on that came on my bike, but I prefer the full Leo I installed on it now.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
1. quality issues
2. issues in the looks dept.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
I love my tbr full system. It's stupid loud and gave me a big boost in performance.

Everybody where I live loves tbr, I'd never heard anything bad about them until I joined here. It's my bike though and I'm happy with it, so I dint care what other people think about it.

·
my R6 tickles me.
465 Posts
Sorry for the hate, but I just love the sound and power gain of my custom pipe. TBR just can't beat the quality and looks of this bad boy

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
I don't hate 2 bros, I just think they are fugly as hell and heard about quality issues.
You can buy a full two bros for 700 or a full Leo right now for same money.
Really no comparison to quality or any even semi close comparison to R&D or being race proven. How many 2 bros you see in AMA, WSBK, or MotoGP? /end thread.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I don't hate 2 bros, I just think they are fugly as hell and heard about quality issues.
You can buy a full two bros for 700 or a full Leo or GRAVES right now for same money.
Really no comparison to quality or any even semi close comparison to R&D or being race proven. How many 2 bros you see in AMA, WSBK, or MotoGP? /end thread.

Edited, lol, as always, editing your posts man :lmao

Why buy TBR when you can buy Graves or Leo Vince

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
i bought my TB exhaust when i was still a noobie, if i would of known what i do i now i wouldn't have bought it.... theirs a lot better systems out there

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
i bought my TB exhaust when i was still a noobie, if i would of known what i do i now i wouldn't have bought it.... theirs a lot better systems out there
We were all there at one point. I opted to be cheap at first and just bought a jardine slash cut LOL! Nothing wrong with newbie mistakes we all made them.
Buy right or by twice! :secret

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I like them. Probably my favorite Exhausts. I didn't know anybody who didn't like them until I got on here. The sound is second to none, and the power increase is great as well

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
i dont hate on two bros i think its one of the best sounding exhuast out there sounds so beefy!!..i might get a full TBR system later on...trying out the leo for a whiles so far im happy with it

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Heres my TBR Pipe it came with the bike, i painted it and added and mjs midpipe, i have a bazzaz zfi too..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts