Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ride or Die
174 Posts
Alright I'm even sorry for posting this now, but last night I went for a ride with a few buds, My baby (04 R6) and I were just bout to get onto I95 south and I being stupid took the middle of the on ramp, weel the middle has lots of bumpy shit, I was in the middle of a lean and the bumps pushed me to the outside of the turn. Hence there being gravel there, Me being the unexperienced rider overhesitated on the front brake and slide it going 55. Luckily only thing happened was a few not drastic surface scratches. Buffed it out til about 430 am and it doesn't look too bad now but BE CARFUL AROUND THOSE TURNS RIDERS< DON"T DO WHAT I DID AND GIVE YERSELF THE ADVANTAGE. First fall and hopefully last :moon

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about your get-off... glad you aren't hurt. The bike always looks worse right after it happens, in a few days it won't look anywhere near as bad.

Here is a piece of advice I was given...

Forget the crash, remember the lesson.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Here in the North East either in MA or NH (can't remember) 2 riders were on I95. One went to pass the other and they bumped into each other, one died and the other is in the hospital. I saw this on the news.

sad :(

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Beantown said:
Here in the North East either in MA or NH (can't remember) 2 riders were on I95. One went to pass the other and they bumped into each other, one died and the other is in the hospital. I saw this on the news.

sad :(
Really? didn't here about that down here in CT. sucks. and thats the one thing to remember up here in NE. lots of sand from the winter still out there on the roads less traveled (where I like to ride) so gotta wait for a good few rainfalls to get the clean of the sand.

Be safe all!

·
~Faster Than Lightning~
1,025 Posts
Really? didn't here about that down here in CT. sucks. and thats the one thing to remember up here in NE. lots of sand from the winter still out there on the roads less traveled (where I like to ride) so gotta wait for a good few rainfalls to get the clean of the sand.

Be safe all!
lol facts...I'm actually in your neck of the woods too (I'm from Bridgeport)....hopefully after today we should get better roads since it's supposed to be raining hard today so i'm hoping it washes everything out.

·
~Faster Than Lightning~
1,025 Posts
Now for those inexperienced riders out there that lives in cold weather areas, please make sure your tires are up to spec and make sure you warm them up with a few laps around the block. I usually lean right and left to get all the corners of the tires all warmed up before hitting a highway :). Something i picked that up a long time ago from pro riders.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
15 year old thread. The way back machine (Archive.Org) doesn't even have that link.

This is a GREAT way to start off the season.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...-18&sk=&cvid=B7D9E1BBEEB64FAF9C67E9A1255893A4

We learn something from every crash.

Year 'round rider. The Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires are good even in the 20s (Fahrenheit)... at least until they really get worn down. But yeah those Summer compounds can be relatively slick on cool streets.

If you ever feel like doing stunts, just remember that this is how many R6 owners got the opportunity to acquire their bike(s) here. (buying them for cheap after a wreck) ENDLESS videos of stunts gone wrong. Don't do it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Went down on a long patch of black ice setting out to work Monday morning. Mostly cosmetic damage. Most of the parts were ordered that night LoL. This will be a good time to check on some other maintenance items, like the state of the front cog, lube my cables. I'll continue to procrastinate on the valve clearances. Not a scratch on me. The ice made it hard to get the bike back up.

If you happen to notice any ice and can't avoid it, stay off the front brake.

·
Registered
238 Posts
May be an old thread but it's always a great reminder to take it easy at the beginning of the season and to ride safely. But how do you define "ride safe?" We say it all the time but it's relative. How do you ensure you have the skills to ride as safely as you can. What are your plans for the year to make yourselves better riders?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts