Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
In Florida
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever raced an EVO, a guy i know has a heavily modded EVO. It runs low 7's @ 95 mph. We are going to race 1 weekend, probably next weekend.

what do you guys think the out come will be? :secret

·
Registered
313 Posts
Has anyone ever raced an EVO, a guy i know has a heavily modded EVO. It runs low 7's @ 95 mph. We are going to race 1 weekend, probably next weekend.

what do you guys think the out come will be? :secret
?? 1/8 mile times? EVO's are turbo'd You should outrun one for a while but if it's modded heavily as you say there's a good chance it will catch up and stomp you down the road...Just remember, most races are determined by the drivers not the vehicles.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The R6 is crap at low end remember that. You are going to need to be in a lower gear and have your shifting down well. The gixxer sounded "granny shifted" or I think it would've lasted longer. Make sure you are used to your bike. Mine pulls up after consecutive hard high rev shifts. Usually at 3rd gear it lifts and doesn't really settle if I stay on it, until 4th. That could be your downfall if you have to let off to leave it on the ground. Also you said the gixxer was tuned for the 1/8th...thats a problem for him and help for the EVO. The EVO is going to get better the faster and longer you race. A low speed start may help you more than a 40 mph rolling. Again though a lot is the driver of both.

·
In Florida
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yea, i run mine at the track all the time, and have been drag racing for a # of years. from a suzuki bandito, Honda 996, and now the R6. they are all different and the r6 is faster by all means. the R6 requers a high RPM launch, i leave at about 10k - 12k RPM. but i do need to get my 60' down lower than a 1.98 the only things i have done to the R6 is lowered the rear and front last weekend and i still have the stock gearing.

Zachs GSXR600 is set up for 1/8, it's stretched and geared low, he runs thru the 1/8 in 4th gear, were i am just shifting into 3rd and we run about the same times, but i have a higher MPH. i think we are going to do both a 40 roll and a DIG.
from the roll, i will be in 1st gear. the DIG should be a pretty good race thru the 1/8, but after that, i predict that i will walk away. only because the EVO and I run the same times, but i have a higher MPH @ 103 to his 95. so the other end i should pull away. but we will know in a few weeks :) and i will be keeping everyone posted on this, and a VID to come as well.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
just keep up with him on the launch and you will have no problem whooping his ass in the long run... he has nothing but dead weight in his AWD once he is off the line.

·
Registered
129 Posts
evo's are great cars. i can easily smoke stock evo's and even with this heavily modded evo it should not be a problem. it will be a very close race. also how much u weight. if you are not heavy like me then u should have an advantage. if you are doing this from a roll then dont granny shift like the gixxer, and keep it in the high revs.

·
the R demands respect....
1,209 Posts
lol, dude... i wouldnt take any advice from anyone here.

dont expect to win. esp if you are going from a roll to top speed, cars are more aerodynamic than bikes are.

if it was a liter bike, than maybe you have room to breathe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol,i don't know, his car is fast as hell, he runs low 7's or if not in the high 6's. he does have a fast and high $$ car :)
might as well not even race him no more, cuz u alrealy lost by saying that

if you have that attitude towards racing in general, you should never go past 1/4 throttle. dont waste ur time racing him if youre gunna worry about how fast ur his shit is

no matter how fast it is, he shouldnt be messing with the 2 wheel big boys

·
Registered
5 Posts
evo's are great cars. i can easily smoke stock evo's and even with this heavily modded evo it should not be a problem. it will be a very close race. also how much u weight. if you are not heavy like me then u should have an advantage. if you are doing this from a roll then dont granny shift like the gixxer, and keep it in the high revs.
yes and the gixxers power curve isnt as good as the r6 at the top end, just keep redlining

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
lol,i don't know, his car is fast as hell, he runs low 7's or if not in the high 6's. he does have a fast and high $$ car :)
If those are 1/8 mile times and you are a decent rider there should be no issues.

Actually those have to be 1/8 mile times I dont think it is possible for an evo to run a 1/4 mile in 7 seconds no matter what the mods are.

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
You should be able to beat him... It depends on you and the driver of the Evo too, how you ride and how he drives... Two weeks ago I raced an LS2 402ci stoker 02 Camaro on a 150 shot and drag radials... The car made 680 RWHP on spray... He wanted to go from a 40 roll to 140... I thought... I'm going to lose for sure... We raced 5 times, and every race was the same thing, me winning by 2-3 bike lenghts... And the driver can drive the car good...

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
I just watched the second video... That EVO rolles out good... You might be in trouble up top at about 100+ MPH... looks like he can drive that thing too... Pulls like a freight train up top... Strong running car no doubt... He has some weight reduction too, carbon fiber hood, trunk lid etc... Do it anyways... If you lose, you lost to a strong car... No shame there...

·
In Florida
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh i know, he has alot of $$ in it vs a stock 600 :)

last time he was at the track he ran a 7.4 @ 95mph, i run that with a 103 mph, so the 1/4 mile, i should be able to go by him.

i realy want to race him, because he talks alot of shit on the the other forums, which i mean is being cocky. so i hope i win.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts