Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically what happened is I took my bike (02 R6) for a 4 min ride.... Ripped on it to my buddies house, front wheel up all the way to third gear.....When I got the bike in the garage and got off the bike I noticed A whole lot of white smoke pouring out of the exhaust pipe ....the smoke came pouring out of the exhaust for a good 25 min even after the bike was turned off.........I havent had anyone look at it yet......I had a jet kit put in 2 days ago (stage 1 dynojet kit) ......the bike felt like it was runnin mint!!!!! could this of done something to the head, cylinders, or maybe the head gasket? i hope its only the head gasket, but i have no clue yet, has this happened to anyone?The tempature on the bike seemed fine and was only at 180 degrees at its hottest point...I checked the oil to see if it was weird or discolored , but that seemed fine to me...........PLEASEEEE HELP................................. thanks!!!!!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
damn...wish i knew what to say as to what the problem might be, but i do feel your pain...I've got some weird ass electrical problem with my bike (02 R6)- good luck man

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the same problem on my ZZR after the shop adjusted the valves. It lasted about 3 days.

The first time happened while the bike was warming up to leave the shop. there was so much smoke the window cleaner woman went inside. I talked to the techs about it and they said not to worry, but couldn't give a good answer.

talked to the no dealer sponsored shop I go to and he said it sounded like they got oil where it doesn't belong.

In any case, if its the same thing it should go away after a few days. Then again it could be something different.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
In order for there to be smoke, something has to be burning. I wonder if because you were doing wheelies, if maybe the sump went dry for a moment or oil flowed somewhere it shouldn't have :?: I by no means am an expert in this matter, and I'm simply thinking out loud (been drinking too).

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
If the smoke continued well after the bike was off, I'm betting whatever it is, is in the pipe.

I would recommend checking the oil, warming up the bike, and running it under load for about 10-15 minutes. (Go riding)

Whatever it is should burn off in that time. If it still smokes after that you have a leak of some kind.

Also like Nolegs said see what it smells like, and see if the exhaust is wet inside.

If you have a head gasket problem your head will be leaking. You should be able to see that pretty easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I started my bike back up again last night and just let it idle. It smoked a lil bit but than again i didnt get on it..........It still had a Burning smell. The more i smelled it , to me it smelled like oil........Could something of happened to a valve?
Also after inspecting the bike I found a PUDDLE of oil on the lower fairing under the bike where the both sides meet up just infront of the rear tire i checked to see if the drain plug was tight and it felt fine, it didnt seem as if any oil came out of there......................now when I had my Jet kit put in i remember the guy pulling off a black tube that connected the block to something around the air box................im wondering if maybe it loosened and fell off? im gonna take the tank and air box off tonight and check it out.........other than that i Havent taken the bike apart yet........im hoping its not something to bad.................im pissed ,the riding season is ending to quick and i got a bike that needs to be taken apart............. be4 this jet kit went in the bike was Runnin MINT! i dont know if its a coincidence or not but this sucks......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts