Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've decided on a Yoshi full exhaust system. I've been told to get a Power Commander to get the full fell out of the exhaust. First off, what is a power commander and where is a good place to buy one? Second, is this an item that is easily installed by say, ME? I'm pretty mechanically inclined so if it's not a huge deal, then I could probably handle it. If I do not get the power commander, can I just bolt on the Yoshi system where the stocker is and do nothing else to the bike? Any help is appreciated.

Ash

·
Registered
995 Posts
if ur getting the full system then u will need the PCIIIUSB, its easy to fit, and u can download a map from the PC website or take ur bike in to have it on a dyno, in my onesided opinion go for the best, go for AKRAPOVIC

·
Registered
995 Posts
and don't forget, a full system is made for race bikes, not for road bikes so u'll need lots and lots of heat shielding for the inside of ur fairing or the system will melt ur fairing in seconds, as happened to me when i fitted my system

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Melt the fairings? That's not good! So if I get a slip on instead of a full exhaust, will any negative effects happen. I am really not looking for power gains as I am basically just looking for a good sound. The bike is powerful enough for what I want to do. In fact, it's just right, but I want the sound. Thanks
Ash

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sounds like a slip-on will do just fine, everyone seems to be raving about BF, because of the sound. But i'm a Akra' man myself
Nothing to worry about with a slip-on, other than The Law

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Akro's headers melted your plastics?????? damn you'd think for the reputation and price they'd think of that.

My GYT-R headers haven't melted anything :moon :mrgreen:

Just givin ya some shit Bravo

·
Registered
644 Posts
I only got a S/O for my 05 and I love the sound. It is a D&D which is def not for everyone (even a little loud for me at times) but if sound is all you want, a slip on should be plenty and is VERY simple to install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What are the expected performance gains for the slip ons/full muffler systems that you guys mention. Are you giving up lower end performance for higher end performance. The headers and muffler on my bike look well designed in stock trim, I am reluctant to think that I will be improving much by changing to an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
374 Posts
A slip on will only give minimal gains (typically 1 to 2 bhp).

With a full system you can get as much as 10bhp increase (more with proper dyno set up/air filter mods)

You say power is not an issue so stick with the Slip on and spend your cash on other things.

Full systems tend to make the bike run better high up the rev range and usually give a huge flatspot in the mid range (not ideal for a road bike as you spend most time in the mid range).

A slip on may affect the fuelling a little but if you have a fuel injected bike a powercomander will help with this.

·
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V
3,208 Posts
SpidermanSS said:
I think that the "similar threads" feature at the bottom is resurrecting a few.. :)
Never seen that.....now that's a cool feature!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts