Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I wanted to pick everyones brain on which is the best OVERALL exhaust out there for the 08-10 Yamaha R6, money is no object and its currently for sale. Lets have styling, performance, weight, build quality and sound in consideration. Remember, price is not relevant. I know is different for everyone but most people must agree on that one exhaust that makes everyone consider, the best rounded. :toocool:

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Akrapovic..../thread

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For what I was able to gather Termignoni, Leo and Graves are the top dogs. Which one would you choose and why?

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
If you want the best and money is no object it would be a full titanium piping exhaust like the Akra Evo or the Leo Vince Corsa exhaust. For most though the 2-3lbs less weight that they are don't justify the price so most go with the stainless piping systems from the quality manufacturers, Akra, Leo, Yosh, Graves, M4, etc.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If you want the best and money is no object it would be a full titanium piping exhaust like the Akra Evo or the Leo Vince Corsa exhaust. For most though the 2-3lbs less weight that they are don't justify the price so most go with the stainless piping systems from the quality manufacturers, Akra, Leo, Yosh, Graves, M4, etc.
This is all you gotta know right here :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input peeps lol, I decided to go with the Pep Boys lol jk.

The Termignoni caught my attention, what is the difference in weight between the titanium headers and stainless steel headers sets, if its only 2 -3 pounds I don't think the $500 difference is worth it. I can get a PCV and BMC filter and some other goodies with $500. Decisions, decisions.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Yes, the difference is only 2-3lbs in weight. termi is basically discontinued in America right now. The importer isn't really bringing anymore in. M4 just came out with a nice slipon/ypipe combo and value wise it's probably the best out there right now.

For a full system the yosh is probably the best value. The leo/akra stainless full exhausts are very very good as well, but they are a bit more then the yosh as they are imported exhausts.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
straight pipe.. just cut your cat off and call it good.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts