Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question i know but im a newb so please give me a little slack.

Garage door open, bike exhaust pointing out the door and engine was on for maybe 5minutes. I STINK!!! I am like overwhelmed with exhaust smells right now. I just reak.

I wasnt in the garage more then 5 minutes and my clothes just stink like fumes, is this normal? Should i get used to this smell?

Its a two brothers exhaust and a k/n air filter(if that matters) ...just wondering.....do bikers get used to this overpowering stink, is it normal, am i just not used to it yet?

yikes i stinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

peeee uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

·
Registered
376 Posts
yeah thats jsut somehting your pretty much gonna have to elarn to deal with.....although it may not be as bad when your riding, vs. just sitting in your garage it'll pretty much always be there......you should try smelling me after a D&D in texas weather that has like 80% humidity.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well I wouldnt think you would haev this problem with the garage door open and exhaust pointing to the outside... Has your bike been jetted or anything?

BE4TNUT

Oh and what part of MA you from?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
oh man,
i LUV that smell!!!!! i revel in it! awhile ago, i did a burn out in my garage, and months later it still smells! and i love it too!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have the same problem. ever since i put on my devil slip i wreeeeeeeeeek of gas fumes!! if i ride to work on my bike all my co-workers bitch all day that i stink of gas fumes. also when i get home from a ride the first thing my wife makes me do is take a shower and change my cloths. i put my stock pipe back on and no more gas fumes but i missed the deep sound so bad the devil went back on and people are going to just to turn there nose the other way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha...no doubt my co-workers would/ARE going to bitch about the smell. But it also gave me a nasty headache..wouldnt want to work all day with that. The IT industry is enough of a headache with incompetent clients to then have to deal with exhaust fumes.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I despise my clothes smelling like that, that is a drawback for me what if I go on a date or am going out. That smell definitely isn't attractive. Whe you started up your bike, did you walk behind it at all?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did actually for a minute...checked the exhaust flow with my hand...heh....but that wasnt more then 30seconds max!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
6That explains why it was as bad as it was. Either way you are going to smell ike that, but not as bad if you don't stand directly behind it. Think about if you don't asmoke and someone does around you your clothes pick it up the same way, I can't stand smokers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i tend to think its from sitting at lights and the exhaust fumes are just getting all over you while you sit there. i have a devil slip on as i mentioned in my other post, but not a power commander. so i think i'm running real rich so the exhaust fumes are much stronger. if i stick my nose up to the exit port of my stock can i smell nothing, but if i do the same to my devil theres a very stong sent of gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts