Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
"better" is extremely subjective. I think R6's and other bikes with the muffler boxes removed and slip-ons installed all sound pretty horrible.

And youtube or any other place wont give you a real comparison of how two exhausts sound unless the video has both bikes side by side. Even then, it will still be way off from what it sounds like in person.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
y pipe with comp werkes will sound better than those and looks better

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I like Leo's

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
You will need a power commander if you take the cat box off. That, or get chiefsmokedawg to flash your ECU and out a map in it so you don't need a power commander. When e flashes it, he does a ton of other stuff to unleash your bike. It's only like $100 for the flash man! Power commanders are $260+. I have the stock can on with an m4 y pipe on and gutted headers. Sounds great. Way deeper than stock. Cheaper too! The can doesn't change much unless you get a full exhaust. The y pipe was only like $65... If you do want to do this and flash the ecu for a fuel map, talk to chiefsmokedawg. He will give you the best advice and he's the man!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You will need a power commander if you take the cat box off. That, or get chiefsmokedawg to flash your ECU and out a map in it so you don't need a power commander. When e flashes it, he does a ton of other stuff to unleash your bike. It's only like $100 for the flash man! Power commanders are $260+. I have the stock can on with an m4 y pipe on and gutted headers. Sounds great. Way deeper than stock. Cheaper too! The can doesn't change much unless you get a full exhaust. The y pipe was only like $65... If you do want to do this and flash the ecu for a fuel map, talk to chiefsmokedawg. He will give you the best advice and he's the man!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thank you. I will contact chiefsmokedawg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts