Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as far as slip ons go, tell me what exhaust sounds sick...

shopping around and could use a lil help. lol

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Most slip ons wont make the bike that much different sounding since it still has the massive baffle and cat befor the muffler...

Megaphone style will change it up slightly though, like a lil more throaty if thats what ude call it..I have the Jardine GP1 slip-on...It was like the nicest yet cheapest megaphone style muffler i could find... only 109$

http://www.jardineproducts.com/prod...YZF-R6/sfID1/28/sfID2/8/sfID3/9/productID/717

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
^ he is right, i had the akra megaphone for a while and it sounded ok... Take your stock muffler off and start your bike, thats what most slip ons are going to sound like.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
i asked the same questions months ago. Got alot of good feedback too. NVKrawler is right. Unless u get rid of the Cats ur sound wont be much different. Getting a full system is the only way to get a truely different an better sound.

As for me, i couldnt afford a full system so i went the midpipe way.

And heres how it sounds with a GYTR slip on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClG-r48vmHA

and this is a comparison from stock to the midpipe/GYTR slip on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8FFMcofGc

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Is that your bike man? Very nice dood, sounds good as well...

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Is that your bike man? Very nice dood, sounds good as well...
Yea man. After all the suffering on waiting an installing... it turned out.

Today i re tuned my bike with the 02 sensor disconnected and put an Akrapovic full exhaust map an it runs ****ing smooth lol Im going back to the shop to dyno it an tune it better this week. (for free to i might add lol:toocool:)

And thanks for all the help NVK :D

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
buddy just put on a 2brothers carbon.. very deep sound.. nice stuff..
I run a Micron Carbon, and LOVE IT!

but another friend's yosh Titanium Trioval is by far the sickest i've heard.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I took off my exhaust to get it powdercoated a few weeks back and started it with no pipe whatsoever and it was "slightly" louder than stock.. I was saving up for a slip on but now will be waiting for a full exhaust

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
HB Harrison is correct. If you go with a GYTR slip on with a mid pipe that elimintes the cat it sounds amazing. It spits flames occasionally but sounds great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i didnt feel like beginning a new thread, does anyone know if they make a akrapovic megaphone or jardine gp1 for the R6S? or will the one they make for the R6 fit on the S?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
Thinking about getting the full TRC Yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust. Anyone got any comments on this exhaust and how it sounds / performs?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like my stocker. I just had it painted black. Engineers at Yamaha did not spend a lot of time to produce something subpar

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Thinking about getting the full TRC Yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust. Anyone got any comments on this exhaust and how it sounds / performs?
Think Yosh is more for Suzuki an Honda more then anything. But it would still be sick on the yammy:)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I like my stocker. I just had it painted black. Engineers at Yamaha did not spend a lot of time to produce something subpar
but they did spend alot of time making it restrictive enough to cut down on sound and whenever you put a restriction on a pump (your engine) it cant pump as efficiently

·
Registered
88 Posts
but they did spend alot of time making it restrictive enough to cut down on sound and whenever you put a restriction on a pump (your engine) it cant pump as efficiently
ok, how abou the Exup system? There is a reason why they use it to control the back pressure of the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts