Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so im kind of new here so please excuse if im posting in the wrong area or anything but i just bought an 07 r6 and the exhaust looks cut in the y-pipe section right before you get to the slip on clamp. I have a picture and can get more if necessary. Does this have something to do with a CAT delete? Do i just need to get these welded together or how do i go about fixing this
430AFA8E-9987-4623-A3CD-CC760BC23CE7.jpeg

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah that's definitely cut. honestly its your choice now to if you want to upgrade and get a brand new system. or have a shop fix it.. but either way the headers are going to have to come off as well as the rest of the system to be fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would the headers have to come off? Couldnt it be done right there where it sits? And it has an akra megaphone slip on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike runs pretty good right now honestly as far as i can tell its just loud but do you think its cut like this because of a cat delete?

·
Registered
290 Posts
it was most likely a pour mans mod to make it louder. Definetly isn't running properly. you cant weld the other side. best bet is replace it with a new system for a few bucks. you will have to remove the headers regardless since you are unable to weld the other side since its tucked up. PLUS I would never weld it together on a bike with electrical.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,050 Posts
Allegedly why my dynasty 210 has lift-arc!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is lift arc? And if this is basically just straight piped then how is it not running properly? Ive read alot about it being fine as long as the pipes are long enough.. again i am new to this so thank you guys for all your patience and help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts